So last Friday night we wanted to get out of the house, so decided to take Kenna bowling for the first time. She seemed pretty excited about it and said we were going to go "blowing." Off we went to the blowing alley. We knew Friday night might be a bit crazy, but after standing in line behind the drunken college crowd for about ten minutes who had absolutely no regard we were there, we decided to call it a night and opted to try again on a more family friendly evening. So guess what we did for family home evening last night? Yep, we went blowing. Despite Kenna's initial excitement, she didn't want to leave daddy's lap. We had the bumpers all set up and they even had a great little ramp to shove the ball down. Now THAT is my kind of bowling! Would you believe, however, I managed to get a gutter ball even with the bumpers up? Yep. Talent my friends, talent. So we gave in trying to get her to play and Jacob and I finished up a rip-roaring game. I think we may have even broken into the seventies. Well, perhaps that's an exaggeration. I am pleased to say, however, Kenna turned into our little cheerleader and was perfectly content watching us favor the gutter while she enjoyed her fruit snacks. Allie of course just chilled in her carseat like she usually does, but I think she was perfectly content as well (would have flipped that picture upright but I don't have the patience to change it- just do some neck aerobics and you'll see it alright!). The highlight of the evening, however, was the twenty-five cent ride on the horsey. Not just any horse, oh no, this is Zorro, the blowing alley-super-duper-great-mighty horse! Judging by her smiles, I think it was as close to heaven as Kenna has been since birth. The picture just didn't truly capture the moment.
Another great Kenna moment: While playing at the McD playplace, I told her time was up and it was ready to go. Of course she ran away. When I caught up to her on the slide and picked her up to go she yelled out VERY loud, "No mom! I'm pooping!" Oh boy. Fortunately it was late in the afternoon and the only person in there was an employee emptying out the garbage cans. He sure got a good laugh, though! I'm glad to know we weren't responsible for someone losing their McNuggets.
Forgive me but the last picture I just had to throw in, I love it- my little Allie having a sink-bath. We tried to be quiet while Jacob was sleeping last week so gave her a bath in the kitchen. Look at those cute rolls!
3 comments:
I can't stop laughing, you crack me up. I had to share the mcnuggets story with Chris, I thought it was just tooo cute!
Allie looks more and more like you did when you were a baby. She is too cute. Also, I've never seen Kenna with her hair down. It is darling. They are both just beauties. Your mom said you will be here in a few weeks. Call me if you get a sec and I will come see you.
Your girls are so cute! Allie's rolls are kissable - she is too cute. You have the funniest stories - you'll have to save them to embarrass your girls with someday.
Post a Comment