Lately Kenna has a new thing. A huge portion of what she says is followed by "a little bit." For example: "Daddy sick a little bit." "Daddy sore throat a little bit." "Cow's wild a little bit." "The horse stinky little bit." "I made a mess a little bit." "Bear hungry a little bit." "I poopy a little bit." "Allie sleep a little bit." She also tells us that she is "working." She does all sorts of random things and then says she is working. Then she'll pretend to fix things. Of course, her word for fix is "fic." "I fic it." We have a little end table in our front room, and that is her stage. She likes to stand up on it to sing "Once There Was a Snowman," and "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes." Right now she is running around with the telephone pretending to talk to all sorts of people. Aunt Steph, Aunt Connie, Grandma Shelly, Uncle Benson, the Bishop. Ah, what a little Saint.
Happy New Year! Our New Year came and went without much excitement. I guess I could have stuck around New Year's Eve to enjoy Jacob on narcotics, but rather decided to let daddy have some peace and quiet so the girls and I went to McDonalds to "celebrate." I decided I would go to McD's so Kenna could play in the play place. What do ya know, the play place was closed. Nice. Oh well. At least it was pretty quiet in there- not too many people dine at McDonalds on New Years Eve! I can't imagine why....
I suppose I should report on the invalid (he he, I say that with great affection). He is slowly doing better. I think I am more ready for him to be better than he is! To make the week even more enjoyable, my little Allie has had an ear infection in both ears, and I believe I see some little teeth buds finally coming up. Sheesh! May I never be a single mom. It has been quite the week, but we are seeing gradual improvements. He has been desperate to eat some meat, so today tried a small little hamburger. It went down better than he thought, so that was good. I think the chicken noodle soup has worn out its welcome. Hopefully another week or so and we will be back to normal... a little bit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are a saint of a wife, may I say that! Much more patient that I would be. Brian would be fending for himself while I "single-mommed" it with the kids. I wish a speedy recovery for your poor hubby.
I hope Jake is feeling better and that you are no longer suffering from the single-parent syndrome. Kenna cracks me up! What a cutie she is. Thanks for such a fun post. Miss you.
Post a Comment