So here I sit somewhat late in the evening. Too many of you mom's out there know just what that is like! I just thought I would share my thoughts of the day.
This morning I was informed about the passing of my Grandmother Davis. Forgive me for sounding a bit odd about the situation, but it truly is a remarkable, beautiful thing. She had lived a very full life, and for over seven years now has wanted nothing more than to return Home to be with my Grandfather. I can only imagine the moment of passing from this life into the next. What an incredible moment it must be. Finally relieved of her aged body and blindness, she once again was able to return to the embrace of her loving husband. I stand in great reverance and awe as I think of that. How grateful I am to know where I came from and where I am going. How remarkable it is that our souls are eternal, and that the relationships which are paramount to our living here on earth can be continued on forever. I often think I have no idea what that truly means. As I look over at my Kenna playing on the floor (she should be in bed, mind you) I can think of no worse fate than believing I wouldn't be able to have my family forever. I get frustrated with myself when I get shy about sharing my truth with other people. With something I believe to be so incredible and hold so dear to me, I would think I would be more willing to let others know. Perhaps when the next opportunity presents itself, I will reach out beyond my comfort zone to share the beautiful gift of knowledge I have. Thank you to those of you out there who are excellent reminders to me of being willing to share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You have no idea how much I loved this post today. I think that thought gets me through every day. I had no idea that your grandma passed away. How is your mom?
Hey! I am so sorry that your grandma died! I am also very grateful for Enternal Families!
Thank you for sharing those beautiful thoughts. I just loved your grandma, and it is truly a blessing to know that she has the happiness and peace she deserves! It does seem a bit selfish to keep that kind of knowledge to ourselves -- you've inspired me to TRY to come out of my comfort zone a bit more, as well.
Post a Comment