I looked over at the girls the other day to find this last picture. Kenna had so lovingly placed Mr. Potato Head's glasses on Allie. Allie was so content to just hang out with her new accessory! What a great photo op. Very rarely does a day go by that I don't get a good laugh! Kenna is fortunate to have such a tolerant little sister. Poor Allie gets smothered, hugged, kissed, jumped on, rolled on, woken up to high-pitched squeals right in her face, and usually just sits there and smiles at Kenna. It will be fun to see their little relationship develop as they get older. We'll see if Allie's tolerance wanes.
There is a definite benefit to living down South. A short drive gets us to some excellent weather. We went on a hike yesterday near St. George and it was BEAUTIFUL! A gorgeous blue sky, awesome red cliffs, and me sporting a short sleeve shirt in February. How great is that? Last year for Memorial Day (yep, that's May for all you still freezing up North) we went down to Sand Hollow Reservoir and swam. Yes, folks, I'm talking swim suits, sunglasses, sunscreen, and sandcastles. If anyone feels like coming down to defrost, we are always up for company! We had a fun time yesterday and ended up running into some family friends from Young Ward and spent the afternoon with them. Kenna loved it and was Queen of the Trail! Jacob was King until he managed to take a little dive in a pond. We got to a spot where we would have to climb around water, so my little Eagle Scout decided to head on up to see if it was passable. I looked away just as I heard some passersby say, "he fell in!" I expected to look up and see Jacob standing in a little pool of water maybe up to his knees, but instead found him pulling his drenched body up and out of a pond that was up to his shoulders! Ha! It was classic. I am so sad I didn't have the camera recording just then, it would have been too good! Now let me point out that yes, the air temperature was nice, but let me also remind you that these ponds are full of freshly melted snow. Let's just say he was a little chilled. At least he came out unscathed and we all had a really good laugh in his behalf. Don't worry, he was laughing too. We're just hoping the cell phone recovers. It took a little swim too.
Have a great week all!
4 comments:
So funny! Everything about this post made me laugh. That pic of Kenna sportin' Mr. Potato Heads glasses is sooooo cute! Aren't sisters the best!!
miss you too much. :)
Love the glasses, and Miss Brittney, you are looking awfully skinny!
that picture with the mr potato head glasses is a classic. I'm so jealous you have a picture of you with a short sleeved shirt on, so not fair!
Hey, how the heck are ya? Just stummbled accross your blog today and wanted to say hi. Cute fam!
Post a Comment