Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Perfect Day



This week absolutely FLEW past. I just can't go another day without the update on my awesome birthday last Friday.

First thing in the morning Jacob got up to get ready for work and then left just like he usually does, and I stayed in bed. Well, the next thing I knew, Jacob had come back and brought me breakfast in bed from IHOP! Oh it was sooooo good and such a great surprise! I made him come snuggle with me in bed and share it. He decided IHOP would be a much better choice then his own cooking. I had to agree (I say that ever so lovingly). THEN when I told my sweet husband that he better get back to work before too long, he gave me my next surprise and told me he had taken the day off to spend with me. That right there was seriously the BEST gift for me! I was so excited. So we got up and got the girls ready and let Allie have her morning nap. After that I decided I wanted to go do some shopping. Right before we left I thought to myself that it was just barely noon and I already had a perfect birthday. So we went in and ended up at a yummy restaurant where I love to get soup and salad. We hadn't been in there too long when the next thing I know, my parents, yes, MOM AND DAD who I haven't seen for about 3 months, came around the corner of the restaurant. HOLY COW!! I couldn't believe it! All I could do was cry! It was such an incredible surprise. They ate lunch with us and I was in heaven being so spoiled. I was with the people I loved most and I couldn't ask for anything more. We came back and when we were unloading mom and dad's car, Jacob pulled out yet another surprise- a double jogging stroller! YAY! Let me back up- the day before I had been on a walk with the girls and our other stroller popped a wheel and pretty much died a miserable death. So I called Jacob and told him to get on KSL and find me one (I refuse to spend a fortune to get a brand new one- those suckers are expensive) anyhow, he had found one and my parents picked it up on their way down. I love it! It runs like a charm. I was just on cloud nine all day long. Jacob's sister Marlene came to town that night also, it was so fun to have so much family around. Later that night we topped off the day with an ice cream cake. The top of it had crushed pieces of Reese's Peanut Butter Cup on it and Kenna looked at it and said, "Hey, it's chicken poop!" Yep, that's my girl. Well, that was my day. It was so perfect. Thanks first to my awesome husband who went to so much work to make sure I had a great birthday and then for the incredible surprise of having my parents come down and also Marlene. What a blessed girl I am. What's next? Well, next week a road trip down to Mesa for a cousin's wedding. My dad is driving us down, so we'll see if we all survive 7 hours in a car! Wish us luck.

6 comments:

Hayley said...

I was waiting for this post! Your mom was soooo exicted to surprise you. I thought about you guys all week long! I'm jealous of the double stroller though, ours sucks and I need a new one!

Miss you.

Julia Izzy said...

hey! it sounds like you had an AWESOME birthday! :) i hope you had a great day. kenna is so funny! cool stroller! hope it works! i miss you guys! :(

Rachel said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! yea, for husbands that love us! :) It sounds like an awesome day and your husband IS very thoughtful!

Kylene said...

Three cheers for Jacob!! I'm so glad you had a happy day. What a fun surprise to have your parents there! Hope to see you sometime soon.....

Julia Izzy said...

hey brittney: all you need to do to get to my blog is type your email address and password! i just wanted to be just a bit more safe! so ya! thats all! just want to let you know! cya!

Melissa Hernandez said...

Happy late birthday. It sounds like it was a dreamy day! How fun, and what a great husband!!