Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Issues

I truly am so sorry to all those out there who think WalMart is a dump. I admit, I love a good trip to WalMart. They just have lower prices- and then when I can throw a few good coupons in there to top it all off.... aaahhhh, it just doesn't get much better than that folks. Who needs marijuana when you can get an equally great high by saving an extra $5 in one shopping trip simply by using coupons? I think I need to get a T-shirt that says "I have issues."

So thanks to daddy who loves to spoil his little toddler, Kenna has discovered the joy of the ice cream truck. I think she also has discovered her talent of super-human hearing. The other day she comes running as fast as she can into the kitchen and says, "Mom do you hear it?!!" I couldn't hear a thing. "It's the ice cream truck!" she yells. By this time, she is so excited I think she is going to burst. She runs at mach speed back into the front room to look out the window. I follow her in and still can't hear a thing. She keeps insisting that the ice cream truck is coming. I open the front door and listen for a minute until I finally can hear the faint little jingle of the ice cream truck coming up the street. "MOM! LET'S GO, COME ON!" I don't even have time to give the old money-doesn't-grow-on-trees speech. Besides, based on her excitement, I'm afraid saying no will ultimately scar her for life and send her to a mental institution. So we try to calm her down enough to throw on her shoes and head out to the ice cream truck. Okay, I admit it. The past few times the ice cream truck has come, I have really had my eye on the Choco Taco. But it's only Thursday, and I don't splurge until Sunday! What ever is a mom to do? Well, friends, I am proud to say the Choco Taco stayed in my freezer until Sunday. HA! How ridiculous is that? Jacob sometimes wonders about my little methods. However, I was sorely disappointed. The picture looked much better. Oh well. Now I know.

We've been trying to teach Allie how to walk, but she still just likes to fall down and crawl. She is the funniest little thing in the world and is always pulling the cutest little face. She pulls her little mouth into an O shape, her eyes light up big, and then she bursts into a big smile. It is so cute. She especially loves to look at herself in the mirror and pull her little face. We just laugh. I've been trying to teach her to say "mommy." So far all I get is an occasional "mmaaaaa." But she says it so sweet and I love to hear it. Other than that she is the loudest little screamer in the world. The kitchen window sits low enough that she can pull herself up to look out. If she looks out and can see Jacob or Kenna in the backyard she just starts screaming and smiling.

Not too much else has been going on. The weeks just fly by. I am looking forward to the weather cooling down a bit. I better be careful though, because it'll be snowing before I know it. I'll be grateful for the heat I guess!

5 comments:

Hayley said...

I need some of your dedication! You must be a skinny little thing only splurging on Sunday and running your butt off! Miss you, miss your girls.

Jacqui said...

You make me laugh and I think you need to write books. You would make a killing...We ran the ice cream man off here last year. All the residents here were very upset that he was coming through the neighborhood. James even went out and asked him to turn off the music last summer because Braxton was sleeping. We have a light sleeper on our hands! I guess our neighborhood is cheap. We're too busy going to Wal-mart with our coupons for ice cream. :-) I have some coupon secrets...if you want in on it...let me know. You may already be doing it. Good luck with the whole balance/talking thing. Braxton is still falling over and running into walls. I'm always telling him when we are out somewhere to watch where he is going.

JACKIE FLAHERTY said...

Brit I am with you all the way about Wal Mart. I love to Wal Mart and try to make several trips there a week.

Melissa Hernandez said...

I love Wal-Mart, it's the best!! And I too am totally enjoying this cool weather, I went and bought a Salt City Fall candle, I think it's called Baked Apple, it just totally smells like fall, and oh my, I am the happiest camper, I LOVE fall!!

Davis Family said...

You are so cute, love the comments about Wal-mart, I have a love/hate relationship. Thanks for your comment. I love reading your blog, you still have such a great sense of humor and make things so much funnier than they are. You have so much energy! Love it. I am bummed that I moved away from everyone!