Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

A House of Order






So I walked into the living room yesterday to find this second picture. And I sighed. Yep, that's my house folks. Let me break it down for you: A) the cushions have been pulled off the couch- every single one of them. B) the Tupperware has obviously been invaded and who knows where else the other pieces have been scattered. C) this picture was taken right about high noon and my child is still in her pajamas- well, to make it even better she is actually only in half of her pajamas. D) speaking of pajamas, they are covered in chocolate milk. E) said child is covered in snot due to the cold that has been passed around to all of us. F) hair has obviously not been combed in about 3 weeks. G) This is only ONE of two children, and the one who does the least amount of damage in the house. Hmm. You always wonder what life is like at other houses? Well there you have it. Yep, usually there is some sort of mess somewhere in the house and I can really let my mind wander and feel guilty about not having things always "looking" just so. But you know what? After I took a deep breath, I took a second look at that. Just look at that cute little thing kicked back on the couch just as content as can be. So I guess I'll be just fine if my house is torn apart at high noon on a Wednesday with lots of chocolate milk and snot. Perhaps we need to just throw the cushions off more often.

First picture: What is better than a good pumpkin carve? That was FHE this week. We got the ol' punkin carved and ate M&M's. Obviously Kenna was in heaven and loves to look at her punkin all lit up. She wanted to fill up her pumpkin with M&M's. Ha! Nice try sweets, nice try.

If there was a third picture it would be of our company this past week. (Woops, guess we were having too much fun to take pics). Wednesday and Thursday we had Grandpa Clark and Uncle Benson (Israelsen) stay with us. Kenna LOVED Uncle Benson and thought life was great when she got to snuggle with him to fall asleep. Thanks for being such a good sport Uncle Bens! They were our little slaves getting in some gravel and had quite the trial getting another load of wood for us. Then Friday-Sunday Grandma Shelly and Grandpa Kerry (Otte) came down to see us. We went to see "Beverly Hills Chihuaha" and depite a few tense moments, Kenna really liked it. Other than that we just enjoyed each other and were spoiled rotten. We are always so sad when family has to go back home. We sure love you guys!! Thanks for all you do for us. We are so blessed with such awesome families.

4 comments:

Julia Izzy said...

CUTE!! That is SO cute!! Your kids are adorable.

JACKIE FLAHERTY said...

I think that Kenna looks like your mom in this picture. I think we all need a little reminder now and then that it is okay that things aren't always in order.

Melissa Hernandez said...

I love when other mom's post the "true stories" of mommies. It makes me feel so much better knowing I am not the only one, yesterday we spent an entire day in our pj's and I didn't feel guilty about it until I ran over to my in-laws to borrow a can of tomato paste (who wants to go to the store in their PJ's) and my mother in law brought it to my attention isabella was wearing the same thing she saw her in the previous night....uhh...it's okay.....why dress up to stay home and clean the toilets...no need!!! I love the picts!!

The Olsen Family said...

This is a great way to stay in touch. Your girls are so cute. Next time your family is in Logan we need to get the kids together. Hope the boots fit Kenna!