'Twas the week before Christmas and all through the house, the dishwasher leaked- a perfect job for a spouse. We pull out the washer and what do we see? The floor underneath is rotted as can be!
Pull out the wrench and warm up the drill, this is obviously much more than just a little spill. Rip up the linoleum, uncover the mold, the insurance adjustor comes Monday we're told. So for Christmas this year the kitchen's a mess, we'll be shopping for new tile and maybe new cabinets, I guess. But 'tis the season for joy, our blessings are still many, even if the "leak" drowns out our last penny.
4 comments:
So, Evan and I were thinking about coming on Saturday to visit....maybe it was good that the weather was bad. I LOVED the poem!
uhhhh...why does this stuff always happen at Christmas??? Well, have you always wanted new tile or a new dishwasher???? Have a Merry Christmas! p.s. loved your poem, your so creative!
Yay! Nothing says Merry Christmas like a new floor, eh?! Yeesh
So creative you are in your writing skills. I really 'REALLY' think you should be writing books...poetry...something. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. Good luck with the clean up...I'm sorry.
Post a Comment