Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

BON VOYAGE!

So, pretty much I am so sick of the kitchen. I just have to keep in mind it will all be worth it when it's done. That's the key- when it's done. We just have all these little odds and ends that keep taking time and drive me nuts. We got the tile all done and it's really pretty. I have decided I HATE doing grout. Wow am I glad that's over. Jacob and I got a bit of a late start the night we did it. At 2:30 in the morning I was wasted and crashed. Jacob stayed up until 4 finishing it. What a trooper! I would post a picture, but my picture thing went funny and I don't have the patience to figure it out. The grout ended up drying lighter than I wanted, so I need to see if there is something I can treat it with or whatnot to make it look darker. Of course I can't really fully enjoy it yet though because it's always such a mess in there while we're still trying to get all the the little things taken care of. At least the fridge, the stove, and the sink are no longer in my front room! That was quite the experience. Needless to say my entire house feels like a massive disaster zone that absolutely refuses to stay clean. But, the cabinets come Saturday and I can't wait! I'm not sure if I'm more excited for our cabinets or our cruise down to Mexico next week...

Yep, Jacob and I are treating ourselves to a week long cruise down to Mexico! YAY! We've been planning it since July and I can't believe it's already here. So I will head up to Logan on Saturday to drop off the girls and miss my new cabinets coming in. BUT, we're driving to San Diego with friends and will stop off to pick up Jacob so I'll get a quick view of my cabinets then head on down to MEXICO. Aaaah. A nice cold margarita on a hot sandy beach. That's what I'm talking about. We have a stop in Cabo San Lucas and a stop in Ensenada. I'm keeping my fingers crossed the girls behave themselves for a week. We are so blessed with awesome families who are willing to take on the little ladies for a week. Our families are going to need a vacation after it's all said and done! Thanks SO SO much family for being willing!! I hope the girls get spoiled rotten and love every minute of it. I admit, I have a bit of anxiety about leaving the girls for a whole week- it will be really weird. Not because they won't be well-taken-care of, but because I've never been without a little one for more than 24 hours in over 3 years! Today we went to WalMart to get Kenna and Allie a new suitcase. We found a cute pink one that has a handle and rollers and- oh my goodness- Kenna thought it was the greatest thing next to Old Yeller (she LOVES that movie). She rolled that thing all around the store and insisted on carrying it out to the car herself. It had to sit right next to her also. As soon as we got home she had to fill it up with all her stuffed animals that she wants to take to Grandma's house. Hmmm, hopefully we can share the room with a shirt or two. Hopefully after another 2 weeks I can feel like my life will be back to normal..... But then again, what exactly is normal?

4 comments:

Kylene said...

I hope you have so much fun on your WELL DESERVED vacation. Ah, Sunshine! I'm headed out to AZ tomorrow and my flip flops are calling my name. Make sure you take lots of fun pic's.

Oh, and post cabinet pic's too. I want to see the final product.

miss you.

Jacqui said...

Yey for you! You have so many exciting things happening on so many levels...Sounds like stress and a lot of fun all wrapped up in a cute little package. Let me know when you are up this way and we'll get together...until then...happy journey!

Hayley said...

I can't wait to see the pics of the house, and think you 2 totally deserve this trip! Your mom is super excited to have the girls too, btw.

Love you! Have a great trip!

Traci Crossley said...

Lucky you I am so jealous. Have a great time. Let me know about the cabinets. We are thinking of remodeling and it makes me ill. Have a great time and its good to hear from you!!!