I am now 3 days in to my 29th year! It's weird to be on the far side of the twenties. It really didn't seem too long ago I was just beginning this decade. Recently we had the opportunity of celebrating an 80th birthday with Jacob's Grandma Falslev. How amazing it must be to look back on 80 years. That makes me still a baby, really. So I'm not going to say I'm old. It's all relative. Actually, something about approaching my 30's makes me feel like I'm really just beginning. Quite honestly, I would hate to offend my aged, more seasoned comrades out there. You see, if I'm old, then what does that make someone whose just ending their 50's? He he he. Love ya moms and dads!
So, speaking of birthdays, it was a good one. Jacob and I got a babysitter and headed on down to sunny St. George for a much needed afternoon sans kids. Now for anyone who is a little less familiar with my eternal companion, he is all farm. So for him to voluntarily a) go shopping with me, and b) on a sunny Saturday afternoon, was nothing but pure love. First stop: Old Navy. Jacob just followed me around like a little puppy exploring territory for the first time. As I perused the aisles I would often hear him make comments such as, "people really do this for fun?" I found a few things to try on, so we headed into the dressing room. Let me remind you, we had only been in the store about 15 minutes, so I was a bit baffled when Jacob sat down on the little bench, stretched out his legs and sighed, "Wow, I am so tired. My legs ache, and my back hurts." Yes, this is my husband who will be out on a farm hauling hay, riding a horse, wrestling cows, and shoveling manure from sun up to sun down. Then he adds, "I don't know how people do this all day." Huh? The best, however, came when we were about to leave the dressing room. He piped in with, "This is why I never try things on because it's such a pain to go put it all back if it doesn't fit." I looked at him a bit confused and told him we can just leave it at the front of the dressing room area and they will put it away for us. The look on Jacob's face was absolute disbelief. "They will?! That's why I never try things on because I don't want to deal with the hassle of having to go put it all back! Are you sure?" I went right up and handed my clothes to the nice employee who gladly took them for me. Jacob was stunned. I was cracking up! In our 5 years (almost- May 6th!) of marriage I never knew this about my husband. He was so very entertaining to shop with! You can only imagine how fun he was at the mall....! I LOVE YOU JACOB! Thank you for such a fun afternoon.
Has anyone ever eaten at the Texas Roadhouse? My oh my, it was the most amazing birthday dinner. Jacob had eaten there with work a few months ago and said it was really good, so while we were down in St. George, we gave it a try. I really can't begin to explain how delicious this meal was. Am I really ranting and raving about food? Yes, I do believe I am. It is so very deserving. As soon as we sat down, we were greeted with a basket of yummy, fluffy, rolls with a cinnamon honey butter to go on them. Right from the start my caloric intake for the day was completely out the window! To make matters worse, they just kept refilling the basket. Dangerous people, dangerous! So I ordered the ribs and steak. I sit here at the computer at a total loss of how to describe the taste of such a divine carniverous indulgence. I think Jacob got more amusement at me eating and savoring every bite than I did with him in the dressing room at Old Navy. If you ever want really good food, you now have my suggestion. I don't know if there are any up north, but come on down to see us, we'll go with you! Okay, maybe after we save some more pennies. A bit pricey, but YUM!
So, there it is, my birthday. Topped it off with a little dish at Cold Stone Creamery and called it a day. The best part really was just spending time with my sweet little family. Before I know it I'll be officially entering my 30's. Until then, I'll just enjoy another great year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hope you had a great birthday... It sounded like lots of fun. That was a great story about shopping with Jacob. I was laughing so hard. And I agree... The Texas Roadhouse is great!
Um, feeling like the absolute worst friend ever. I totally forgot to call/e-mail. I'm sorry! I will use my Sienna's sickness (croup and strep) as my excuse.
About Texas Roadhouse. YUMM-O. rumor has it Logan is getting one. I can't wait!
Love you, and hope your birthday was great.
I am so glad you had a great day Happy Birthday. Your kids are soooo cute! I better go I am starving now! HAHA
Yay for Texas Roadhouse, Israelsen guys that don't know anything about shopping and haul goats (or calves) in the front of the pick-up), and darling little girls in their Easter dresses :) We so need to get together for dinner/temple sometime!
Maybe there is something in the water from Young Ward that makes boys hate shopping. Your little adventure sounds just like some Zach and I have had! Cute country boys! :)
Post a Comment