Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Overdue Christmas Post

Well, I've done it again. I've managed to wait too long to update the blog and now I have too much stuff to write about and just don't know where to start. You'd think I'd learn by now.

How about we start with Christmas?

This is the first year we've had a little one who is old enough to get the whole Christmas thing, and it has been so fun to relive the magic that comes during Christmas when you're a child. Kenna was so excited on Christmas Eve, she laid in bed for 2 hours and couldn't fall asleep until Jacob and I came back to bed. She got up at 7:30 Christmas morning (much earlier than usual) and the first thing she said was, "Did Santa come?" As she and Allie went in and discovered that Santa had indeed come, the look in their eyes and their little excited bodies were priceless. In all honesty, Santa could have skipped over our house and the girls would have never known any different, thanks to the spoilage we got from our families. Between the Otte's and the Israelsen's, we were well stocked for Christmas! Between it all, the girls had a blast and spent the rest of the day playing with all their new Christmas stuff in their princess dresses from Aunt Steph.

Love new Christmas Jams!



Alright mom, enough of this picture stuff- just let us tear into it all!



Oooh, what's next?



No princess is complete without her cowgirl boots.



And of course every princess needs a good castle with a tunnel to play in. And then every princess must beg her mom and dad to let her sleep in her castle every night. And then when she realizes dad has placed her back in her bed at some point during the night she must make sure dad knows that was REALLY not a good thing for him to do and under no circumstances is he to do it again.



New Year's Eve just kind of comes and goes, but we did try to get out and enjoy the holiday weekend. Jacob and I were going to get a babysitter and go to the movie, but decided we'd all just go on a family date instead. We took the girls to see the new Chipmunk movie. They lost interest towards the end, but were happy as can be to come on a date with mom and dad and drown themselves in popcorn. Later that weekend, we headed down just outside of St. George to Red Cliffs to do some hiking. We have to head down South every now and then where it's substantially warmer- if anything just to remind us that living 5 hours away from home can sort of be a good thing especially when the majority of our family has been stuck in an eternal inversion.


On the way down, I overheard Kenna telling Allie she wanted to hold her hand just like mom and dad are because they love each other just like mom and dad do. Insert here a big smile with a feeling only a mom can really understand. Thank goodness for those little moments to know you do SOMETHING right. :) And really, you can't look at Allie's cheese without getting a little cheese of your own.



Every serious hiker needs a good stick.



Dad just kept taking them higher and higher up the cliffs as mom remained fixed on a more sensible level. I felt myself getting closer and closer to throwing up as I watched them climb. Jacob wondered where my sense of adventure was, and I wondered where his just plain sense was. Boys will ALWAYS be boys. Moms will always keep us grounded. Literally and figuratively.



Before the snow completely melts we better make the best of it. We hooked the sled up to the Ranger and took the girls for a ride. Based on the giggles and smiles, I think they loved it!




So there it is. Another blog that is too long because I waited and waited to update. Sigh. What am I? Pregnant or something? That is a definite YES. Just ask dad and the girls who are really wanting their regular mom back. They will concur. Aaah, wanting to be normal again. Now that's something to give you a good chuckle.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love it! The girls are at such fun ages, it makes Christmas soooo fun! I say every year I am not going to buy the boys anything because of the spoilage (thanks for the word) from everyone else, but of course I do :) I can't help it!