My twenties were good to me. Really, really good. No, it hasn't been easy. No, it hasn't always been joyful. I've had just as many tears as I have smiles. But it's about the grand total, and it takes all of it to make it good. I graduated from the U. I found and married my best friend who I get to be with forever, and love more every year. For nearly 5 years we have lived down South where we never dreamed we would live, and never dreamed we would say that we have lived down here for 5 years. We have two beautiful little girls who amaze us, and entertain us, and challenge us, and make us smile on a daily basis. In a few short months we will experience the incredible and life-changing journey of childbirth for the third time and welcome our first son into our family. As I look back on the past decade of my life, I feel nothing but absolute and complete gratitude for all the experiences and opportunities the Lord has given me. For truly, it all comes from Him. I only pray I have the wisdom to continue to let Him in every aspect of my life.
On Sunday I entered a new decade. My thirties. When you're 12, 30 seems like an eternity away and really, really old. And I am going to guess that when you're 60, or 70, or even 80, 30 seems like it wasn't all that long ago, and you realize that you really weren't all that old. So, what do I think about turning 30? I think it's awesome. There are days where I honestly feel like I am just getting started in life. The past few years have been such amazing stepping stones, and I have so much more to learn. Life is about progress, so I view this number game of birthdays as one more step up. When I reach forty, I hope to look back and review a whole new set of amazing experiences and opportunities that the past decade has brought. And then take another step up.
So dear thirties, I welcome you. I'm quite certain there will be days I will curse you. There will be days I love you. There will be days I will want to freeze forever. There will be days that won't end soon enough. But all together, I pray the Lord will help me make the most of these days that I have, because someday, it will all be a memory of a lifetime. And so far, what an incredible life it has been. And really, really good.
Did I mention that I have a very handsome husband? Yep. Really, really good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hello, crappy friend here.
I thought of you. I meant to call. Or text. Or even send you a friendly facebook message.
but failed. Just know I love you! And you deserve all the goodness you had in your 20's in your 30's too.
(btw, I couldn't stop thinking of how awful it must have been with Allie getting her stitches the other day. My heart broke just thinking about it!)
I agree with you I hit 30 tomorrow. Oh how time flies.
um just in case you wonder who russell is, it is me logged on as my husband.
Man you are old! Hey, I had the same milestone 4 years ago.
Happ Birthday!! I was soooo excited to turn 30, it's great!!!!!
Happ Birthday!! I was soooo excited to turn 30, it's great!!!!!
Loved the way you said this... You make 30 look good :). (P.S. I liked the handsome husband part).
Post a Comment