That right there is the portrait of perfection. My beautiful first-born little baby. Now fast forward five years:
Yes, that again is my sweet little first-born so excited to open her birthday present that she absolutely insisted she couldn't possibly eat even one solitary bite of dinner (lasagna, by request- thank you Stouffer's) until she opened it. The excitement is just oozing!
What could it possibly be?
My oh my!
A Dora the Explorer Snuggie! Hooray! Much to the dismay of their father who loves picking up blankets from all over the house, my children LOVE their blankies. Or, "rankies" as Allie calls them. So I figured Kenna would love a blanket that she could wear. I was right. It was a hit. And of course she had to wear it while eating the birthday lasagna.
While up in Logan for Thanksgiving, we had a little birthday celebration for Kenna. Grandma Shelly made a darling snowman cake with long black licorice eyelashes and a red colored coconut scarf. Notice there are no pictures? My camera didn't make the trip with us for Thanksgiving. Oh well, at least I remembered to take all my children up. So, since we recently had a big cake, we opted for birthday donuts. But, alas, the birthday has not ended. Saturday will be Kenna's birthday party with 5 of her cute little friends which will include another cake. Stay tuned for that!
Kenna has really been anticipating her 5th birthday. On the morning of her birthday I could hear her in her bedroom talking to Allie. "Allie, I'm 5! But I still feel like I'm 4." All day long it seemed she was waiting for lightning to strike to initiate her into her next year of life. But, she loved the extra attention and it ended up being a great day. Oh and I can't forget lunch at McDonalds. When I asked where she wanted to go to lunch I was definitely not surprised at the response. We just over-utilize the hand sanitizer dispenser while we're there.
Happy Happy Birthday Miss Kenna D Dolly! We love you! Thanks for adding such a beautiful little spirit to our home.
OH- speaking of Thanksgiving, we had such a great weekend! It was so fun to spend time with family. The girls were in heaven playing with their aunts and uncles and cousins. We ended up coming home on Saturday instead of Sunday because of the storm (which proved to be a VERY wise decision) and Kenna was so upset to lose another day of playing. Another wonderful weekend of great memories with no pictures. Maybe we'll make up for pictures at Christmas. Hopefully the batteries are all charged...
2 comments:
It was great to see you! Your kids are so cute, and you and Jacob sure are good at Volleyball! (: Tell Kenna Happy Birthday from me!!
Happy Birthday Miss Kenna!
Post a Comment