Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Us as of Late

And here she is, Miss America!

Okay, actually it's Kenna sporting her new glasses. Which we already have had back in to the Dr. office to fix the lens that popped out and refused to stay in. Speaking of refusal, the first time I pulled out the camera to get a picture of her in her new optical attire she was determined not to give me a smile.

Mom: "Okay Kenna, give us a smile in your new glasses!"

Kenna: "I'm not going to smile." (You can just see her saying this in the first picture.)



Mom: "C'mon Kenna, just give me a little smile quick then you can go ride your bike."

Kenna: "No, I don't want to smile."



Mom: Sigh.

Kenna: Silent.

Okay fine Kenna, you win. What can I say? Sometimes a girl's just gotta have the grumps. I would be a hypocrite not to concur.



Fortunately the grumps were short-lived and we were able to capture a smile!


Aaah. Much better. So far she seems to be okay with her new glasses and is doing great wearing them.

Now our problem is getting rid of whatever is causing some serious intestinal discomfort in my little ones. They've all had a little bit of the...well...how do you put this nicely? Well, there's really nothing nice about it, but to put it gently....loose bowels. However, last night when I went to give Ty his last bottle for the night, I found him lying in a pile of throw up. Gross, yes, I know. What a delightful little morsel to post on the blog, but it's my life as of the past 24 hours and noteworthy. So the poor little guy ended up in the tub and sent back to bed after a complete change of his crib bedding. He woke up hungry about 2:30, so I gave him a bottle which he kept in until about 5:30 when the remaining contents of his belly were heaved down the front of me. After another cleaning session for both of us, he went back to bed and fortunately (so far) is keeping everything down. However, Kenna wasn't so lucky and around 6:30 in the morning she threw up. Thank heavens she had a bowl close and we didn't have to clean up quite as much. I rolled back into bed and told Jacob I didn't even want today to come. Kenna had one more little issue with the bowl but will hopefully keep her chicken noodle soup in her tummy. Maybe the last half of today will prove to be a bit better than the first half.

Hmm, well that was gross. Let's change the subject. Here's a cute little picture:
Allie Gal clipping out some coupons. Start 'em out young!



Oh, and before I forget I need to add a few little extra's we've been up to:

Last weekend we made a quick trip up to Salt Lake where Jacob met up with all the Israelsen boys in his family and they went to the Priesthood session of General Conference. He reports it was a great session and thoroughly enjoyed his first time being at a session at the Conference Center. I dropped him off downtown and was amazed to watch the sea of white shirts and ties entering the Conference Center. There's such an incredible spirit even just driving by, I loved it. The girls and Ty and I stayed at my sister Steph's house and they loved every minute playing with Blake and Claire. We had a rude awakening, however, to find about 4-6 inches of snow on the ground Sunday morning, just waiting for us to drive home in. Bleh. Thankfully the roads weren't too bad and we made it home safe and sound.

This last Tuesday we met some friends down at Sand Hollow for the day. It was a gorgeous day and the girls loved being in their swimsuits and spent the afternoon playing in the water and sand. Of course the camera was MIA. You'll just have to use your imagination as you picture us sitting in our shorts and sandals, sitting on the beach with our toes in the nice red sand, enjoying the sunny April day. A perfect 78 degrees. There definitely are some perks to living in Southern Utah.

Okay, caught up for now. Another one for the record books.

5 comments:

Dustin and Connie said...

I think Kenna looks adorable in her glasses!! I wish my pics were that cute when I got glasses...I think I burned most of them! Love the pic of Allie gal too...what a good little helper!

Rachel said...

I love the glasses. They are adorable!
I have also found a baby, a Ty baby also in fact :), in a pile of puke. Not so fun. When they are sick it seems like each day is 10, or something like that :)

Hayley said...

She looks just adorable!! You sure make em' cute Britt!

Andrea Pulsipher said...

Cute cute! Sick kids is never a fun thing and it drags on . . .and on . . .and on. Wish we could have seen you last weekend.

M Israelsen said...

The first 3 pics of Kenna are classic :). I didn't have scissor stuff mastered until I was much older than Allie. Hope everyone feels better soon!