Fortunately, our Memorial weekend was anything but miserable!
We started off the weekend with a visit from Aunt Marlene, Aunt Connie, Aunt Maria and Uncle Benson. We had so much fun and were so sad to see them go on Sunday. The girls were in HEAVEN with all the love and attention. I was in love with my dishes magically getting done and having some fellow adult ladies to chat and laugh with. Jacob loved having a brother to get out and get dirty with. I don't think poor Benson sat down once. Aunt Marlene was more than patient to have two excited little bed buddies sleep with her Friday night.
I'm ashamed to say I only ended up with one picture from the weekend. Here are the girls giving Aunt Connie a new 'do. Allie especially LOVES playing with hair. Somehow Aunt Maria smugly managed to pawn off the hairdressing to Connie. After all these tangles, Aunt Connie had a serious encounter with the hairbrush which involved some major head trauma. Thanks for being so willing Aunt Connie! These girls (and Ty, of course) are blessed to have such wonderful Aunts and Uncles who give them so much love.
On Monday we headed down south to Leeds and took a Ranger ride down to the Virgin River. The downfall was the wind, but we managed to have a little picnic.
We let the girls play in the water for a bit. Of course we forgot extra shorts or swimsuits to put the girls in, so we did what any respectable redneck family would do. Now don't judge, it looks just like a swimsuit.
To avoid a belly full of sand, Ty just got to hang out in the stroller....
...and eat Oreos.
The highlight of the trip, however, was our Miserable Day Lizard Adventure! We got sick of the sand and wind after a bit, so headed over to the other side of Leeds to find some lizards. Of course it was all 100% my idea- I was just dying to pick up a wiggly little critter. I am a fan of everything creepy and crawly.
Ew.
My job in the endeavor was to scope out the little reptiles and take pictures. That's about my max.
The girls however, were absolutely ENTHRALLED. And their father? Equally exuberant about the whole deal. They emptied out a Gatorade bottle, poked some holes in the side for air, and filled it with sand. It was so cute to watch them tote that thing around just waiting to put a lizard inside of it.
"Get him dad!" (insert here squeals of sheer delight from the girls)
They just kept climbing higher and higher to find one of the blessed creatures.
They were finally able to catch 2 lizards; one for each of the girls. Based on the reaction from the girls, catching a lizard was an absolute triumph and an event full of giggles and smiles. How can I not enjoy that?
When we got home, the first thing dad and the girls did was head out back to make a new habitat for the lizards. Here we are a few days later still reaping the benefits of being lizard owners.
With entertainment like this, who needs a Wii?
Miss Reptile America
The poor little things.
I mean the lizards, not the girls.
Turns out our Miserable Day holiday was memorial indeed!
4 comments:
SUCH a fun weekend!!! We should have stayed for the lizard catching thrills! Jacob called me that night and said, "I think I've turned my girls into tom boys..." Love it! You are such a sport yourself, Brit!
That last picture of Kenna kills me! What a fantastic miserable day!
Love the pics of the girls with their lizards. They are really such sweet things!
Miss you!
Your kids are too darn cute. And that first one of them doing Aunt Connie's hair is just adorable! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment