Kenna was SO excited for school. My alarm went off in the morning, and soon I could hear Kenna rustling out of her covers in the top bunk and she quickly made her way down the ladder and in to my room. She jumped on my bed and asked, "Are we going to be late?" I assured her we had plenty of time. It made me think of the scene in Finding Nemo when Nemo is flopping up and down on his dad yelling, "First day of school, first day of school, get up dad, get UP!"
Still not sure where the past 5 1/2 years have gone- but here we are, the first day of KINDERGARTEN! Here's the cutey patutey right before hopping in the van to head off. She said, "Here mom, this will be cute." Aaah, yes it is.
I, the devoted and loving mother that I am, have been really anticipating this first day of school. Mostly for the fact that my little lady is ready. I am ready. Her father, however, is NOT. He has been agonizing over this day for months. His first baby girl is "leaving the nest," as he puts it- Entering the world and there's no turning back according to him. It has come much too fast for daddy. He made sure to wait to go into work until we had her safe and sound in the school for her first day. The night before he sat down with the girls to give them some sweet snuggles and then gave them both a Father's blessing to help them on their new schooling adventure. (Stay tuned for Allie's first day of preschool. Let us not forget it is of EQUAL importance to our little 4 year-old). They LOVED it. These girls are blessed to have such a great father.
Here we are dropping her off at school. I ended up enrolling her at a Montessori school we have down here, so I hope it works out well. The school has quite a system in place where the parents pull up to the curb and there is someone waiting to gather up the little kiddos and take them into class. So we gave her some loves and sent her on her way into the school. Way to go Kenna D!
Another milestone down for the record books! It is so incredibly enjoyable as a parent to watch my little ones grow and progress. I try to just enjoy every little step we take and make the most of the moments we have. Sometimes I do much better at this than others, but her daddy is right- in a mere moment our little ones won't be so little anymore and will really be leaving the nest. Guess I'll just keep them tucked under my feathers for as long as I can. And just for the record, I may or may not have had to push back a tear or two. You'll just have to wonder.
And to leave you with a smile, here is another little bit of sheer enjoyment:
4 comments:
They're SO cute!!!! So cute.
Oh she is adorable! Sienna starts in a week and it's breaking my heart. My baby starting kindergarten??! How can it be?
I hope I don't fall apart! They are all growing up adorably! You make em'' cute Britt.
Love ya!
I can't believe she is that old! I still remember exactly where I was standing when Jacob sent me the picture of her just minutes after she was born...can't believe how fast the time went. I can just see her excitement for the first day!
You guys r such great parents! Bricker goes to 1st grade this year, and it's been harder for me than kindergarten. Now he's gone all day! Hopefully next year won't be hard 4 you guys!!
Post a Comment