The beginning of my Disney experience started at 12:00 a.m. when I awoke to some serious intestinal discomfort which decided to wreak havoc for the next few hours. Bleh. Needless to say, I started the day on the tired-and-yucka side. Fortunately, we still had some Pepto from Jacob's little run-in with this despicable little bug so I made sure to pack it up in the stroller. I was going to bank on the fact that Jacob's little incident was less than 24 hours so hoped I would have the same luck.
I knew Disneyland would be big. I knew Disneyland would have lots of people. I knew there would be pretty much lots of everything. So, I spent quite a few hours at the computer before we left trying to prepare for our trip. I looked at maps, different rides, different height requirements, different pass things they offer, etc. Obviously I didn't prepare well enough because it didn't take much more than 10 steps into Disneyland to realize I was completely and totally overwhelmed! I didn't even know where to begin! It's like my mind went blank. Of all the million things we wanted to do for the next 2 days, where should we possibly start?
Hmm. How about the Nemo submarine ride? A great one to get out of the way before the crowds really started. Here we are waiting in line for our first ride at Disneyland. And of course the girls are wearing their cute little Disneyland pins that say, "1st visit." I happened to leave mine and Jacob's at the hotel. Darn.
Waiting to hop on board one of these yellow subs and dive down into Nemo territory:
One thing that I LOVED about Disneyland was that there was a fair amount of rides that Ty could go on us with. It was fun to see a little parking lot of strollers outside of the rides. I was a little unsure how Ty would do with the rides. By the time we got onto this ride, Ty was tired of being held and confined in line. But, he got his own little seat and did fairly well on our little sub voyage.
In the weeks leading up to our trip, the girls obsessed over seeing the princesses for REAL. They were so excited about it. Their little eyes would light up whenever we talked about it. So it's no surprise our next stop was at the princess castle. Aaah, it's nothing like a trip to Disney to bring the best out of these two little ladies. They really were little champs the whole trip.
The princess castle is the entrance into Fantasyland. What does one do in Fantasyland, you ask?
Well, since it's Disneyland, there's a million things to do! So we started off with a leisurely ride on King Arthur's carousel. And go round and around. And mom sits there and wonders if she can go around one more time and still keep her breakfast in her stomach. Remember the part of me not feeling well?
Next we meandered over to the teacups. Where, once again, mom gets to ride with the girls and go round and round because Jacob is even less able to do the spinning rides. But I really wanted to go, after all, it's the teacups! One of Disneyland's most famous rides!
Allie's big dream at Disneyland was to meet Tinkerbell. She even insisted on wearing her pajama shirt because it had Tinkerbell and some other fairies on it. So it was only appropriate that our next stop was Pixie Hollow to meet Tink. Waiting so patiently in line:
Allie had been waiting to ask her big question to Tinkerbell: she wanted to know if Tinkerbell could fly at Disneyland. I told her I didn't know and she would just have to wait and ask Tinkerbell herself. I was actually really interested what Tinkerbell would say. I tried to imagine what cute little excuse she would make as to why she couldn't fly. So you can imagine I was completely caught off guard when Tink said that of course she could fly! BUT, she had to save her pixie dust during the day so she can have enough to fly at night during the fireworks. I admit, even I was intrigued. Looks like we'll have to make it to the fireworks!
Thanks, Tink! (Allie looks a bit star struck)
We went up to stand in line to meet the princesses, but were confronted with an hour wait to which we decided we'd try again later. All in all, we actually picked a really good time to be at Disneyland. The majority of rides didn't have too long of a wait as compared to what they see during other times in the summer. I even heard a few staff members comment that it was much slower than usual.
Next stop: the Storybook Land Canal Boats. Here is Jacob and the girls in line. I love the look on his face. I could think of a million little thought bubbles to put above his head right now. One could be, "I drove 7 hours to ride the Storybook Land Canal Boats? Really?" What a trooper.
Moving right along into Mickey's Toontown:
Where we got to have a little intro to Miss Minnie herself!
And of course poke around her house a bit:
Then straight over to see M-i-c-k-e-y M-O-U-S-E! (you really need to sing it to get the full effect):
The girls had their eye on this coaster and loved it! Of course I was too slow at getting a picture of them actually riding it.
This was also the magical point of the day where Ty actually fell asleep in the stroller. He was SO grumpy and tired, and was making the day a bit difficult. He's not a baby who just falls asleep in the stroller or on your arm when he's tired. He put up a bit of a fight before giving in. I didn't even dare take a picture for fear it just might ruin the good sleep vibe.
So whilst the baby slept, the girls and I headed over to the Roger Rabbit ride. Which I could have gotten onto much faster had I used the pass I had but didn't realize how to use it. Oh well, you live and you learn, huh? Waiting for the ride is kind of dark and spooky inside, so while waiting I said, "everyone pull a spooky face!" We probably could have skipped this ride and the girls would have been perfectly okay. Eh, once again, you live and learn.
After this we meandered back over to the area where the princesses stay and discovered we were just barely in time for a little princess show they were putting on. Hooray! The girls got right down in to watch the show. They are on the left in the front huddled together gazing up at Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty who are sweeping their way onto the stage.
They even got to do a little twirly rope thing (for lack of a technical term) with Sleeping Beauty. Allie is in this one on the left side wearing a white shirt. It looks like she's not quite sure what to do!
Right after this ended the girls and I made a quick exit from the stage area to hurry and grab a place in line to meet the princesses. It proved to be successful- we only had to wait about 15 minutes and then we got to meet:
The Lovely Belle:
The Enchanting Ariel:
And last but not least, the Beautiful Tiana:
I have to hand it to these dear princesses- they were so darling with the girls. They each took a quick minute to talk with the girls a bit and then pose for a picture. It was so fun.
After this, we decided to camp out for a bit on the street and wait a half hour for "Mickey's Soundsational Parade". We found a nice shady spot where Ty could stretch a bit, the girls could work on some cotton candy, and where Jacob and I discovered the Mickey-shaped chocolate-dipped ice cream bars. Oh my. I'm afraid to say I easily spent $4.25 a shot for one of those bad boys. ADDICTING! Ridiculous. Something else that's addicting? Just look at that smile!
Here comes the parade!
It was chuck full of music, dancing, and all sorts of Disney characters. I loved it! It was so fun. Of course, Allie couldn't get far enough away from the Genie when he danced by. She dove behind me so fast, it was hilarious!
It was this point in the day that the batteries in my camera died. Which is a really good thing. This post is getting so long. Oi!
At this point, we headed over to hit a few more rides. We went on Thunder Mountain (the railroad rollercoaster), Splash Mountain (the log ride), and while taking turns on Splash Mountain we took Ty on the Winnie the Pooh ride. Once again, all things considered, the wait times were not bad at all.
There were a few more things we wanted to hit, but the kids were wearing down and we were all getting hungry, so we decided to head out of the park and go find somewhere to eat dinner. We headed over to to the Anaheim Garden Walk which is a big area full of restaurants and a big movie theater. It was a very nice area, and we picked the perfect time- there was hardly anyone there. So we decided to grab a hamburger at "Johnny Rockets." Thanks to Jacob's phone, we got a few more pictures.

We had put in a ton of walking during the day, so it was no surprise to us that the girls had been complaining that their legs were so tired and achy. We couldn't blame them, ours were too. Despite her legs aching, Kenna just couldn't help but keep herself moving at all times. It's like she is caffeine on legs. If it's not her legs that are moving, it's her mouth. We consider it a triumph each night when she falls asleep. This here is CLASSIC Kenna. I love this picture! Too bad it's a bit small.

We made it back to our hotel just in time for Jacob to put Ty down for bed, and the girls and I quickly headed out to catch the fireworks. It was jam-packed with people but I am so glad the girls and I went back despite being exhausted. Sure enough, Tinkerbell flew in the sky! Yes, a very brave live person attached to some type of line waaaay up high. I hope she gets paid well. An added treat was that we also got to see Dumbo fly. It was the perfect ending to our day. I LOVED the fireworks. I was so sad Jacob had to miss it. Thanks for staying back with Ty so we could go, Dad!
Whew. Finally. After days of working on this I am finally finished with Disneyland day 1. I'm sure I've forgotten something, but you get the gist of it!
3 comments:
Oh the magic of Disneyland!! I can see the girls LOVED it! Too fun!
Oh I somehow missed this post till today! So glad they loved it. I just adore Disney! And am very jealous. What fun!
Oh how I want to take my girls there before the "magic" of the princesses wears off. I will know who to call when we decide to make the trip! I'm glad you guys had so much fun.
Post a Comment