Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Proud Mama

This past week was the week of our end-of-school-year programs and recitals.  I have learned something about myself.  I am a CRY BABY.  Yes, I freely admit.  It's these "firsts" for my children that just get me all choked up.  It's actually really annoying.  I never really know when it's going to hit, either.  All of the sudden I just well up.  Can't I just sit and enjoy without leaking from my eyeballs?!  Guess not.  The girls are learning to just look at me and say, "those are happy tears, huh mom." 

First off was Allie and her Kindergarten program.  She was so excited to dress up nice for her special day.  Here she is waiting so patiently to start.  I love it when she gets a cute little grin on her face and tries so hard to be coy and not smile big.  And the Kindergarten program just wouldn't be complete without the little girl in the top right picking her nose:



My favorite little number was when they showed their muscles while singing an alphabet song:



Her teacher put together a darling slide show at the end with pictures from throughout the year.  They sure grow a lot during this year!  My almost first-grader:


Congrats Allie Rae!

Next up was Kenna's tumbling recital.  She decided she wanted to take tumbling this year and has really done great in it.  She has improved quite a bit.  I hope I can sway her into continuing with tumbling again, but she is leaning towards ballet.  We'll just wait to see what next year brings!

All of my pictures turned out less than great, but here she is on one of her passes.  I hate to brag, but this little lady has some good form.  Go Kenna! 


The final bow with all the dancers and tumblers:



Kenna with her cute teacher, Marki:


My two oldest ladies (one of whom dressed herself for the occasion.  You go ahead and see if you can pick her out):


And lastly was Kenna's first grade program.  Each of the children made a mini-me to display.  Kenna wanted to show she is a tumbler:


Pretty much the cutest little first grader around!


This one was a little poem about teeth where each child held up a giant tooth with the number of how many teeth they've lost on it.  I love how there's everything from 0 to 9.  Kenna sits happily at a 4.  But that's okay.  The longer she keeps those baby teeth in the longer we can delay inevitable appointments with the orthodontist.  Yes, a glimpse into how my vile mother mind works at times. 



"There's no one quite like me!"  Hope that cute little face there knows how much we love our one and only Kenna D.



With her teacher, Mrs. Carney:


Way to go Kenna D!

And lastly, let's not forget a special performance from the youngest member of the family who is quite proud of her recently discovered standing skills.  Complete with a clap!

Yay Lexi!

3 comments:

Hayley said...

Goodness they are edible! And growing so fast. I just love them!

Our Little Israelsen Clan said...

Okay, if those are not just the cutest kids ever. Love your Blog, your awesome personality shines through and just makes me giggle. I especially liked the comment about the nose picker, right before I read that I thought to myself is that girl in the corner picking her nose? Ta da, you answered that for me. Love Britt

Our Little Israelsen Clan said...

Not Love Britt, Love you Britt, whoops