Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Friday, August 2, 2013

Summer...in a nutshell

So school starts in less than 2 weeks.  Yep.  Summer is just about over.  That means I have nearly a whole summer's worth of blogging to do.

On your mark....

....get set....

...GO!

Our Mr. Ty Man turned the big THREE!  Hooray for Ty!  I won't lie, we didn't do much.  But he loved being told all day long it was his birthday and being the special dude of the house.  Now he just likes to continue it on and say everything is for his birthday.  Here he is with some gifts.  And of course I didn't even take a picture of the little t-ball set we gave him until about a week later...just scroll down:



We just extended the celebrations into the following day for Jacob.  Happy 33rd Jacob!  And once again, my mad photo-taking skills failed me because this is the one and only picture I got for Jacob's big day:
A sweet little note from Kenna that says, "Thank you Dad.  Dad thank you so much for doing work for us.  You're the best dad ever.  Love, Kenna."  Pretty darn sweet!  Just for the record, I DID hang some streamers, I DID hang up some balloons, I DID put out a fun little birthday tablecloth, and I DID make a nice big birthday dinner.  I did NOT take a picture.  Eh.  Just use your imagination for a visual.

We have had a handful of afternoons running through the sprinklers.  Here is one early evening while out getting wet.  Even Lexi got to join in on this one:





We ventured out to the 4th of July parade:




And I finally got a pic of Ty with his t-ball set:




We took a little road trip up to Nephi for the Ute Stampede Rodeo.  Here we are checking out the rides before the rodeo started:




Lexi just got to ride the stroller.  But she seems ok with it!  (For a few minutes, anyway).


My two handsome cowboys:

One of my favorite things about this parade is when the Amerian flag comes in via parachute.  Love it!


Then a crew of men in their military fatigues rush in to pick it up:


It gets me teary-eyed every time:

And hey, look at that!  We got to have Aunt Marlene come with us!  It made the night:


Yee Haw!  Let the games begin!


A man named "The One-Armed Bandit" performed.  I have seen him before and love to watch him.  Yes, that is a one-armed man standing on top of his horse.  Said horse is on top of the trailer.  Not to mention prior to standing on his horse, he herded two full size buffalo up on top of the trailer as well.  So amazing!  


We went into the rodeo knowing we were toting along a one-year-old, so it was no surprise she didn't quite make it through the whole thing.  But, we got to see most of the exciting stuff and called it a night.  Hope we can make it again next year!

That should catch us up a little bit anyway.  Up next:  Connie's wedding!

No comments: