I have a myriad of emotions about this.
- Emotion #1: Oh ya, bring it on! We are ready for a structured routine again!
- Emotion #2: Ah crap. Another unorganized summer down for the record books where I didn't do near the educational activities with the kids I had so awesomely thought about in my supermom mind.
- Emotion #3: Shoot- am I ready for homework and packing lunches and parent teacher conferences and......
- Emotion #4: Wait a minute, what? Am I really complaining? Didn't I just say I was ready for the routine?
- Emotion #5: I have issues.
So if school starts next week, that means the summer is basically over. Which means I have nearly an entire summer to blog about because it took me nearly an entire summer to blog about my Hawaii trip.
So what really have you been up to the past few months, you ask? Was there a 4th of July? Trip to Logan? Family reunion? Pioneer Day? Random days at the park? Camp trips? TY AND LEXI'S BIRTHDAYS for crying out loud?!! Yep, it's all in pictures yet to be posted on the bloggity blog.
- Emotion #6: Qwitcherbellyakin and just get on with it already!
Let's back up to the end of May when Lexi Lou had her 2nd birthday. So here's the dealio with birthdays for very small children: they could care less. So pretty much since I have 3 others who care greatly about their birthdays and LOVE to be the center of attention for their big day, I decided to be a bit, oh how shall we put it....lax about this one. Don't you worry- we absolutely love and adore our little Lou Lou. She is such a sweet little stinker and pretty much makes us melt. But we'll just give her loves everyday and forget about the hooplah for one day over a cute little lady who could care less. Do I sound like I am trying to justify? Perhaps tame a creeping feeling of guilt? Na. Hey at least I got one picture of the day. That's better than none, right? AND at least I spent a little time making her a cute cake. Mostly because the older kids cared enough that she have a cute cake.
Still wondering when my baby grew up enough to be 2!? TWO!
Here are a few more quickies of the summer. We've been....
Camping:
Four wheeling:
Just a sidenote: if there aren't four wheelers in heaven, Ty won't go.
Rodeoing:
They sure ran their hearts out to get some money off the wild calf, but to no avail. In the fiasco of it all, we managed to lose Ty for about 3 minutes. Thankfully a good Samaritan hoisted our crying child out of the arena and he was safely returned. It was Jacob's fault. I would NEVER lose a child. Ever.
Swimming:
Whose crazy children are on all fours with their mouths on the filthy ground? Geez, some parents I tell ya. They should be called in. Once again- Jacob. I would never....
I have a feeling there soon may be a new author on this blog. I'm about to be ousted.
Sprinkler Systeming:
Three words for you:
worth
every
penny
Don't you worry, there is plenty left. Let's just say this is Documentation of Summer 2014 Intermission....








No comments:
Post a Comment