Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, March 12, 2015

January

Let's see, where did I leave off.......?


Oh yes, January.

So when we moved, we thought our home down in Enoch wouldn't sell until spring, which meant we would be renting for a good 4-6 months or so.  Well, bada bing bada boom, the house sold quickly (hooray for not paying a mortgage AND rent!) so I started looking more seriously at homes up here in the Logan area.  I had searched for a little while online but nothing was really just doing it for me.  Until I came upon a house I just loved.  LOVED.  There's more details and such but I'll just cut to the chase....

...we moved in on January 1st.  Yep, bada bing bada boom.  I haven't regretted it for even 2 seconds!  Jacob thought we were a bit on the hasty side.  But it just felt right.  I love it.

Needless to say, January was spent getting situated in the new house.

The fireplace is a big hit:



As is the bar.  Quite possibly one of my very favorite features of the house:
Lexi loves to "help."


The first part of January Kenna had her very last check-up for her arm with the orthopedic surgeon.  I managed to have the whole crew join me, so we had to get creative to keep from destroying the place. Everyone find a blue M&M and see if you can balance it on your nose!
Oh ya baby, America's Got Talent!




We took a family outing up to Hardware Ranch to see the Elk.  We had to wait for a while, but it was a really mild day and ended up being pretty darn fun:





I have at least 4 pictures similar to this.  Oh look, Lexi bonked her head.  Again.  That child is constantly crashing her head into something. 
I thought for sure it was due to her needing glasses, but HARK!  SING PRAISE!  After her first (and possibly last) appointment at the optometrist, she checks out JUST FINE.  Did you hear that?  SHE IS JUST FINE!!!!  I literally was holding back tears in the doctor's office when he gave his diagnosis.  At least 25% of my children can see.  I'll take it.

The slimy stuff on her bump is arnica gel.  Ever heard of it?  Get some.  I highly recommend it.  Rub it on as soon as you have a big bump or bruise and it cuts down the healing big time.  Love that stuff.  Oh, and the band-aid on her lower cheek was her own little special addition.  What?  You don't just randomly stick band-aids on your face for no apparent reason?  Hmm.  Weird.

The girls built a nice snowman.  In one of the maybe 2 snowstorms we've had this crazy winter:
We then had a nice lesson on appropriate behavior when Kenna got mad at Allie and knocked it over.

At least there are moments of great redemption between my two oldest ladies.  Allie came home one day to find Kenna had decorated her window with snowflakes and left her this darling note:

"Allie you are prettier than a snowflake."  Pretty darn sweet.

Jacob was down in St. George for meetings and I ended up with bed buddies for a few nights.  Ty is always asking to get his picture taken.  He is a self-poser.  Behold, my bed buddy:


And just for kicks I'll throw this one in:
These two.  Ooooh these two.  They are something else.  The epitome of Pete and Repeat.  They either love each other or hate each other.  Here we have Lexi wearing Ty's shoes and tie.  Ty is also wearing one of his ties and Lexi's coat.  Oh well.  At least they're smiling!

And there you have it.  January.  Done and done.

No comments: