Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, April 9, 2018

The Little Mermaid, Jr.

I just simply can't go another blog minute without doing a post about the musical!  Allie, Ty, and Lexi had a successful run of The Little Mermaid, Jr in March.

Lexi made her musical debut as a Poor Unfortunate Soul.  Pretty darn cute little group of poor souls!

At the end of the play when Urusula meets her impending doom, the poor souls are finally freed from captivity and emerge as beautiful mermaids. What 5 and 6 year old doesn't absolutely love that?!

I helped backstage at the Friday night and Saturday afternoon performances, so Jacob, Kenna, and I came to watch the Saturday night show.  While on stage in the spotlight, Lexi apparently seemed to not notice the crowd of a few hundred watching as she very emphatically extracted what must have been some very annoying nasal mucus that just had to come out right then and there.  Ya, pretty much she dug her finger up her nose.  Apparently it was in deep too, she was digging for quite some time.  Being the stoic parents that we are, Jacob and I both doubled over with the giggles.  Seriously there was nothing else to be done.  Two choices here: a) hide in horror and disown said child   -or-   b) laugh hysterically.  We chose the latter.

Ty was a very handsome sailor.  Ahoy Cap'n! (he's on the floor in the middle):

Allie made her debut as a seagull.  When they were doing group pictures I somehow managed to not get a close-up of the seagulls, dangit.  They were so cute though!  The costumes were simple but so creative and darling! (Allie is the top gull):


Here's the full cast.  They have some very dedicated parents who put these shows on and do a fabulous job. Such a great experience for elementary age kids.  I would have absolutely loved something like this as a kid!


We especially loved having some VIP's come see the show:



Of course every great performer needs a congrats gift of sugar:


Lexi is already asking when the next play is, and Ty and Allie are undecided on doing it again next year.  Guess we'll see.  Their musical-loving mama was sure proud!

No comments: