Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Sick of being sick

So our greatest adventure the past little while started last Friday with a trip to the Dr.'s office. Kenna had started to sound like she was getting a bit of a cold, but by Friday morning she had a horrible barking cough and could hardly breath. She had been around her cousins who had strep and so we thought maybe we should get a culture done. Well forget strep, how about a case of croup? They gave her a breathing treatment, a shot of steroid to help take the swelling in her throat down, and almost gave her a shot of epinephrine. They told us to watch her close and if she really started doing worse to not hesitate to take her to the ER. What? The ER?! What mom likes to hear that? I admit, mom had some tears. I really hate shedding tears in the pediatrician's office. With the cute little elephant table and the painted monkeys on the wall, I still got teary. But, thank goodness we avoided the ER. She still is hoarse and has a cough, but I think we are on the mend. What an experience. Jake has had a cold too so that's not fun. Allie has a stuffy nose. Mom has been fine until I found out last night that dad brushed Kenna's teeth with mom's toothbrush. Nice. I ran to get some gas in the car and Jake put Kenna to bed. He couldn't remember which brush was mine and which was Kenna's, so he thought he would just ask the little lady who isn't even two yet. Well, she picked the wrong one. When he saw me brushing my teeth last night all he could do was laugh. Big oops there! So who knows, perhaps it will soon be my turn to get sick. We'll keep you updated!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll bet Kenna could sing "Old Man River" with her deeper voice. We certainly home she, and all of you, are feeling better. No need to worry about your toothbrush Brittney. Mothers are imune from childrens sickness, and in later years, we usually find out that our tooth brushes were used for lots of things we did not know about. Only when your children get much older do they start to confess some of their stunts.

Hayley said...

Poor Kenna! Adyson had croup this week too! They gave us extra steroid tablets and told us to expect Sienna to get it too! Crappy huh? I hope she is feeling better. Miss you!

Kylene said...

Yuk! I hope everyone is feeling better and that you didn't get nailed with it. (still waiting for some pic's on this lovely blog???)