Well ladies and gentleman, my little Kenna has made it to 2 years old! Unfortunately we had a quarantined birthday. Last week Jacob and I endured strep. It was awful, nasty, and I wouldn't wish it even on Hilary Clinton. (Apologies to any fans). Fortunately we are feeling better. As I headed to the store to pick up our antibiotics, I managed to grab some balloons and a cake for Kenna. How depressing that I bought a cake for my two-year-old. I grew up with the funnest homemade cakes, and here I am, supporting the Associated Foods Store bakery. I was fooled by the "cookies and cream" title. It was gross. Even if my throat wasn't on fire, it would still be gross. What a disgrace to Oreos and a waste of $6.99 (Can you believe that? I can get a cake mix for 69 cents! Ridiculous!). Good thing Kenna was way too involved in her ice cream to even care about the cake. She got a new horse that sits on springs and she can bounce. Now she can really get into The Man From Snowy River and feel like she's part of the action. We also got her a new potty that makes music when a little something something makes it's way into the basin. The little stinker figured out how to turn it over and push the button to make the music, so that had to be disconnected. So much for incentive, huh? She just gets cuter by the day. Each day she pops out with a new phrase that makes us laugh. It was sure fun to celebrate her sweet little spirit being in our home, even if we weren't feeling well. Also there's a picture of Kenna last week when she was having a tantrum on the top stair then ended up falling asleep there. Too funny! Oh, and another cute one: when we were up at my mom and dad's we were playing games and I realized Kenna was really quiet in the kitchen, which is a pretty good indication she is doing someting she shouldn't be. When I found her, she was playing in the flour. I asked her what she was doing and she said, "I make a mess!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Love the pictures! How did she not roll down the stairs? That's some good balance!!!!
Happy Birthday sweet Kenna-clone of Brittney! She is too beautiful and I am so glad you ACTUALLY posted pics on this post. Hope you guys are feeling better.
She reminds me of another cute little girl I once knew who had the whole neighborhood looking for her while she took a nap under her mattress! It's so just beginning!
Adorable! That stair pic made me laugh out loud.
Talked to Matt last night. He said he talked to you too. How can I convince you to come up the last weekend of December? To truly party, we need Britt!
Post a Comment