Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Friday, December 28, 2007

Wild Week of Christmas



Woops! Time to update. The past week has gone by too fast.

Christmas was wonderful! The girls and I loved having daddy home for 4 days straight. We just relaxed and enjoyed each other. We took Kenna sledding for the first time on Christmas Eve. She was sure cute. Santa made it to our house and Kenna thought all of Allie's toys were hers. Perhaps there will come a day when that will create some serios chaos in the home! For now my cutsie little 4-month-old just coos and thinks life is grand even if her sister steals her toys. I myself love to wear my cozy new slippers and dance in the kitchen to my new Michael Buble CD. Kenna likes to join in too. I love it!

Today Jacob got his tonsils out (yep- yuck!). Everything went very well. All except the part where he passed out after he got the IV in. His heart rate dropped and mine skyrocketed. At first I thought he was just teasing me about being squeamish with the IV, but pretty soon I was shaking him wondering what the heck was going on! He came to and looked at me wondering why I was so concerned. Apparently it can create a sudden drop in blood pressure and heart rate and cause you to pass out. The nurse said it's pretty common. Perhaps it's also common for wives to be in tears thinking their husband is going into convulsions! I am proud to say I dried up after that and was just fine the rest of the time, thank you very much. I'm sure the next few days will be full of pain meds and Jell-O, but hopefully he will be back to normal soon. We've heard the recovery is a real kick in the bootie but the end result is well worth it. So I'll just be playing mommy nurse for the next little while. I told Jacob after he is feeling better I am definitely cashing in on a pedicure!


Pictures: Kenna and Allie in their matching Christmas jammies. Too cute! No, you're not seeing things, the other picture is a hammock hanging in my basement. What the picture doesn't show are the two eyebolts making lovely gaping holes in the wall. Thank goodness for wall studs to hold up a hammock. It's Jacob's "recovery ward" idea in front of the fire. Sometimes I just smile and say, "get the plaster, honey."

2 comments:

Hayley said...

I missed you today. We all got together for a very chaotic trip to the Mickey d's. Tell Jacob I hope he feels better soon. I love you guys.

Melissa Hernandez said...

Cute picture in the hammock! i think I need to install one of those, my back's been hurting, maybe that would help!!! I am glad you had a good Christmas. Have a wonderful new year!!