Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

All in a day's work



So I made bread on Monday. There is nothing quite like a piece of hot, homemade bread fresh out of the oven. Mmm mmm! Fortunately I had already indulged in the first slice before Kenna got to it. Yep, I left the bread too close to the edge of the counter and my dear little 2 year-old got hold of it and worked her magic on it. At least she was able to destroy only one of the loaves. I'm learning to never turn my back. On our car ride home from the store this afternoon, I decided to let Kenna snack on a banana. She has done it before and eaten it like a good little monkey. Well, of course today I looked back to find her squishing it between her fingers. Nice. I was able to pull over and take care of the situation before she decided to finger paint with it. My little destroyer has been wreaking all sorts of havoc lately. Needless to say, my patience has been tried!

We spent the day Saturday out in the yard trying to liven up our driveway a bit. Kenna loved being out helping her daddy. Allie got out in the sunshine a bit too, and was thoroughly enjoying her time munching on the grass. Kenna loves to sit by Allie whenever she is on the ground and always manages to really get on Allie's nerves. She tries to love her, but really it's just pestering. Poor Allie is going to look like a mangled loaf of bread! We were over visiting some neighbors, and Kenna found some little flags that the power company puts up to show where the power lines are and she decided to make them her own. What was one of the first things she did with her flags? Oh, she just whacked her sister right in the legs. Yeah, double nice.

Anyone else follow The Biggest Loser? Yep, forgive me for abandoning Idol, but I really got into The Biggest Loser. Last night was the finale and it was so amazing to see how the people changed. WOW. I was definitely cheering for Ali to win. She looks absolutely stunning. If you didn't see it, Google it to find her before and after shots. Makes the poundage I want to lose look like a piece of cake. Or, I mean, a bag of carrots. Of course, if I went away for a few months and had no worries and someone to cook and clean for me, I would come out looking like a rock star too. Hmm. For now I'll just settle with running around trying to keep up with a two-year-old and hauling around a 20+ pound baby. Throw the carseat in the mix and we're looking at a good 30 pounds. Now calculate the times I haul the carseat out of the house, in and out of the car to make a few stops, take it in and out of the shopping cart, and lug the monster back into the house, it's amazing my arms don't look more like Popeye's. Maybe I should do lunges while holding the carseat. Then my legs will look like Fabio's. Hmm. Then I could compete on American Gladiators. What could my gladiator name be? I think Crush is taken. Amazon? Titania? Grinder?

2 comments:

Julia Izzy said...

you have such cute kids brittney! kenna is such a cutie! hope all is well! :)

Kylene said...

You make me laugh soooo hard! Thanks for such a fun post.

I hope you had such a happy birthday. I was thinking of you and am hoping my card made it in time. :)