Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Events



What? A new post and it hasn't been a month yet? Wow, both my girls must be having a nap or something to give me a second to myself! We've had an eventful past week so I wanted to make sure to squeeze it all in.

First of all, HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY ALLIE RAE! Our little Rae of Sunshine hit the big year mark on the 8th! I can't believe it has been a year. It was a bit of a wild start with her, but we couldn't be happier with the sweet little girl she is becoming. Her sweet smile, her big, bright blue eyes, and her cute little button nose make our home even that much greater. Her squeal adds quite a few decibels to the house as well. My goodness can that girl scream. She was with me in Relief Society yesterday while Jacob taught in Young Men's. She is actually becoming fairly difficult to contain at church (countdown to nursery!), but was doing all right in Relief Society. We made it all the way to the end of the meeting until she worked her way over to the piano during the closing song. She managed to squeeze in behind the piano and loved putting her hands on it to feel the vibration. I was looking over at her, and she looked up to catch my eye and then let out 3 of the loudest, happiest squeals I have ever heard in Relief Society. All I could do was laugh. She was behind the piano and no one could see her, so of course all eyes were on me and joining me in laughter. But she wasn't done yet, oh no. She kept squealing and laughing all through the song until I finally had to go over and pick her up in order to keep some form of reverence in the room! Such a little character. We went in to her year check-up today and she is not happy to report she got 3 shots, but she did good. The picture is of her in her new carseat she got for her birthday. She looks so darn cute sitting in the backseat and seems to really like the new view. I look in the backseat of my car and see two cute little ladies staring back at me and I think, "Holy cow! Those are mine! I am just an old mom with 2 carseats in the back of my car. When did that happen?" Nope, definitely not announcing a third carseat any time soon.

I'm afraid to say Allie's cake and ice cream got postponed until last night because Jacob and I ran another 5k on Saturday. Yep, my third 5k! I shaved another 2 minutes (almost) off my time and managed to get 3rd in my age group! WOW! Then I thought that there was probably only 3 of us in the age group. Ha! I'm not really sure. Gosh dangit I was so proud of myself. Never in a million years did I think I would ever do anything like that. Jacob got 2nd in his age group. It was a lot of fun. I stood there after the race and told Jacob that a year ago I had delivered a baby less than 12 hours earlier. It was quite an incredible feeling. I think I was feeling a little better this year than last!

On Saturday Jacob was sitting on the couch trying to eat some leftover pizza and Kenna kept trying to climb on him and was bumping him. I was sitting down on the floor smiling to myself and watching as Jacob kept getting more frustrated. Pretty soon Jacob got sick of it and all the sudden grabbed his pizza, moved to the other side of the couch and said, "Gosh Kenna, you're not the boss!" Oh my goodness, all I could do was start laughing! He looked over at me and started laughing too and said, "That was not what I meant to say!" It was the funniest thing. Maybe you had to be there, but in my mind all I saw was a cute little blonde-headed 10-year-old boy getting mad at his little sister. We just laughed and laughed over that one. He really didn't want me to add that, but I just had to put that memory on paper. Sure love ya, Jacob! You definitely keep me laughing with all the funny things that pop out of your mouth.

I am proud to say that after nearly 3 years of being down here in Cedar City, we have finally seen a show at the Shakespeare Festival. Our neighbor who works for the festival got us some tickets to go see "Fiddler on the Roof" in trade for some tractor work. We did dinner and then the show. It was so darn much fun. I haven't been to a show for quite a while and I absolutely loved it! It made me want to get up on stage again. They actually did a really good job with it. It was such a fun little date night. Jacob really quite enjoyed himself as well. I must say, however, I make a much better Grandma Tzeitel. Ha!

We have a neighbor who built a bunch of train-like carts he can pull behind his 4-wheeler. He is such a nice man and has been taking a bunch of kids for rides the past little while. He's more popular than the ice cream truck! He stopped by our house Saturday night and Kenna got to take a ride. At first she was hesitant but ended up loving it. It was so fun to see her in it. Such a big girl! Allie stayed behind and was in heaven crawling up and down the sidewalk waiting for her to come back. As long as that girl can be moving, she is happy.

The countdown is on as we wait for our first Israelsen cousin. She is due to join the family the middle of September and we can't wait for a new baby in the family. Good luck on your last month Aunt Andrea! We are so excited for you and were so sad we had to miss the baby shower. This living 5 hours away sure is a pain sometimes. Thank goodness for the internet, I suppose.

6 comments:

Melissa Hernandez said...

Don't you just love the day that rear facing becomes forward facing, It really is fun to look back and see a face smiling back at you!

Hayley said...

Happy B-day cutie! I miss you Britt, and am so impressed with your running. I have been thinking about running a 5k myself...did you train at all, or just go at it? I've been running on my tl a bit, but have wondered how much harder it will be on real roads...help me.

JACKIE FLAHERTY said...

Your baby is a year old!! Time sure does fly. My baby turns 3 in a couple of months and it blows my mind. I am so proud of you and your marathon runs. I wish I could have enough ambition to do something like that. Come up & visit soon so we can all get together.
Jackie

Kylene said...

You go Miss 5k!! I am so proud of you. Let's run one together sometime. How fun would that be?!

Happy Birthday little Allie Rae of Sunshine!

Tyra said...

Hey Brit!
I was just reading your blog and thought I'd drop a quick comment to say hi. Your girls are so dang cute!! They have changed a tons already since I last saw them. And way to go on the 5Ks!! That is way awesome. I'm moving to Cedar in a week for school, and if you run another one down there you should probably tell me so I can come cheer you on or go run with you! I'd love to come see you sometime while I'm there.

This is really random, but I was just thinking about how nice you always were to me as the annoying little sister I was (and still am ;)) and how you'd think of the stupidest stuff to entertain me, like sucking on those awful cinnamon peppermints we had around. You're great, I'm sure you are a way fun mom.

Rachel said...

We too loved the day when the car seat could turn around......we might have cheated just a little :)
those carts on the back of the 4-wheeler look so fun!