Today I went to lunch with my fellow sistas in the Relief Society Presidency so daddy got the girls for lunch. Afterward, I caught up with them at the library. Let's just say my girls and the library don't jive. I tried to pull Allie away from the little puzzle she was playing with- SCREAM! Then we walked over to the movie aisle to meet up with Jacob and Kenna who were looking to check out a movie for Kenna. Well, Kenna saw us, came running over to show us her movie and SLIP- her legs came right out from under her and she landed right on her tushy- SCREAM! (Thanks mostly to me for letting a very insistent Kenna wear her slippery sparkle silver shoes today). Then we went back over to the movies and Allie wanted to pull out every single movie. So of course when I try to keep her from destroying the movie aisle I inevitably get- SCREAM! Now, my girls just don't scream. They have the lung capacity of opera stars. I always thought Kenna was loud, but Allie can really give her a run for her money. In fact, when my parents were watching her, my dad was seriously considering ear plugs. No, really, he was. In the library I was starting to worry more about paying for broken windows than I was for the destruction in the movie section. I was just waiting to get kicked out. Wow. Definitely an Israelsen trait. He he he.
After the library we decided to venture into the Dollar Store where we found Kenna a pack of cute little headbands. She can't wear just ONE. Behold, her masterpiece.
Kenna's new thing is learning about "bad words." The word most often confronted is "stupid," and Kenna is the don't-say-stupid-nazi. So Kenna reminds me a few times a day that she is not saying "stupid." I told her the only time she can say stupid is when she is talking about the dogs. Not sure if that's gonna work out or not....
2 comments:
Love the new do, she's destined to be a beautician! Has she tried to do this to your hair yet? Gotta love little girls!
Hi there. You don't know me, but I used to babysit Jacob!! I got to your blog form Alison Daugs--Ammon is my brother. LOVED the post about your girls screaming their heads off!! It's always SO great to hear about other kids "being kids" in public.
Post a Comment