Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, December 7, 2009

Hey Baby Let's Go To Vegas!

Okay, need to start off with our Thanksgiving recap. It was tons of fun, food, and family. On Saturday, the boys on the Otte side went to the BYU/Utah game while the girls got a babysitter and went to see New Moon. We had a ton of fun. The girls and I picked up Jacob after the game was over and headed back home. Before we headed down to the game, we stopped of to say goodbye to the Israelsen fam. The girls really wanted to take a quick ride on Uncle Ross's horse, Holly. Well, to make a long story short, Holly got a branch up her tush and Kenna had a bit of a rodeo experience and ended up getting bucked off! (I was in the house and didn't see any of it, but it's probably best that way). She hurt her arm, and after 4 days of it still being swollen, we took it in to get x-rayed. That was a fun 3 hour fiasco going back and forth from Dr.'s office to hospital for x-ray, and then back to the Dr.'s office. Amid all the arm fiasco, we also discovered Kenna tested positive for strep. She had no fever and had only complained of a sore throat once or twice a few days before. After all was said and done, fortunately, there was no break and the case of strep was very mild. Unfortunately, the Dr.'s office has some major strikes against it in taking two days to get me the results of the x-ray. I think the emotional trauma hopefully won't last too long for the rodeo queen. We tried to help alleviate the fear of horses by putting all the blame on daddy. So now when anyone asks Kenna says, "Well, it was my dad's fault."

This past weekend, Jacob and I traveled down south to Las Vegas for the National Finals Rodeo. We help out a really great couple from California who have some land and animals down here by us and they treated us to some serious spoilage! Oh my goodness we had such a good time. It's been almost a year since Jacob and I have had a night or two alone together, and we loved every minute of it. It was so fun to be with each other. We got lost in all the crazy Vegas traffic, stayed up way too late, laughed tons, ate too much, and lost 90% of our hearing with two nights of awesome seats at the rodeo and a Brooks and Dunn concert. So. Much. Fun. Gotta say, however, two nights of Vegas is plenty. It's a whole other world, that's for sure. I'm not sure if there was more beer or people at the rodeo. We were the anomaly with our bottles of water. Ha! But all that drinkin' sure makes for some good people-watchin'! Aunt Marlene came down to watch the girls. We were SO DARN grateful for her! It was so nice to just go away and not have to worry about things at home. THANKS AGAIN a million times Aunt Marlene for giving up your weekend for us, it meant so much. I hope she can recover soon. :)

Husband looks mighty fine in a cowboy hat. And Wranglers. And boots. Love it.


Jacob LOVES it when I do these reach-your-arm-out-and-hope-you-get-in-the-shot pictures.


Hold on there little buckaroo. These people are seriously nuts.


A lil' Tanya Tucker doing the National Anthem. Drugs really didn't do her voice any favors. Oops, did I really post that?


Get ready for a good concert!


Now really, does it get better than this?


Boot Scootin' Boogie! Such a great concert.


Okay, okay, I know I am pure dork. Jacob laughed when he saw me sneaking a picture of this. This here beer bottle was pretty much in my lap. The guy next to me had two. He informed me that he didn't want to run dry. I gave him a good hearty laugh at that one just to make him feel extra special. He thought he was pretty suave. I really had a hard time not reaching over to take a swig all night. Actually, all the salt-and-pepper chest hair pushing it's way out of his 4 undone buttons kept me at bay.

Thanks Jacob for such a fun weekend full of great memories!

3 comments:

Toni said...

So how are you anyway girl? I saw your comment on Ky's blog and was hoping it was you. great to see your cute face and your family is so cute!

Kylene said...

I'm so glad you had such a well deserved FUN TIME! (I think I may have to buy you a pair of Wranglers for Christmas!)

Hayley said...

So happy that you 2 got some lovely alone time together! Also, so happy to get to spend some time with you over Thanksgiving! Loved. Every. Second.