Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, June 21, 2010

I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home....

This is Allie sporting a cute little shirt she has:


And it really isn't just a cute little shirt. It's exactly how it is at our house. There is just something about daddy. He is much more fun than mom. He wrestles. He gives pony rides. He throws little unsuspecting girls up in the air and catches them just in time. When they're having a grumpy time, he'll throw them up on the "tickle table" to get them smiling again. He lets them sleep together when mommy would have said no. He lets them have ice cream before dinner. And then another ice cream after dinner. He lets them run around and explore when mom sits in anxiety just waiting for an accident to happen. They get to come into mom and dad's bed one last time for one more quick snuggle before bed. The list goes on....

So it really is no wonder that when mom doesn't give them the answer they want to hear, they immediately go to dad to bat those pretty little blue eyes, send him into a trance, and get just what they want. I really can't blame them. He's a really darn good daddy. And I guess I have a bit of a bias too. I did marry him after all, for very good reasons. I too get a little butterfly in my tummy and a smile on my face when he comes in the door.

Okay, fine. I admit it. I try to bat my eyes every once in a while to get what I want too.

Love you daddy!

1 comment:

Julia Izzy said...

you are so good with words! (: love it brittney!!