After I posted about Brumphey, I remembered that I was going to explain about how this silly little Santa creature was named.
First of all, Brumphey was a random ornament that my mom was getting rid of, so I threw it into our pile. When I was pulling out our Christmas stuff, I decided that he would be our little helper. I figured it wasn't worth all the extra effort to find an actual elf. That's my incredibly practical side coming through.
When I introduced the ladies to Brumphey, I told the girls to come up with a name for him. Kenna quickly chimed in with "Brumphey." I have absolutely no idea where it came from, but sure, we'll roll with it. It's not the easiest name in the world, and poor Allie usually ends up calling him "Grumpy."
Hmm. Who knew the 7 Dwarfs were part-time Santa helpers?
Don't know why we couldn't have scored Happy. Maybe next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Darling Britt. I always worry about lying to my kiddos about S too...but then remember Christmas eve with you guys, and being sure we saw Santa's sleigh, and remembering the pure magic of it, and I don't feel so guilty.
I mean, our parents lied to us and we. are. perfect.
I have thought about this too.......nate even told them once that it wasn't real. I don't think they believe it. I stopped him, don't worry, I just couldn't stand it. You are right though we could all use more Christ in our Christmas.
Post a Comment