Perhaps I should consider teaching my little Kenna another language. She is so intrigued with other languages, and can often be overheard pretending to speak Spanish. She will rattle off in her own little language as if she is fluent. The problem is no one knows what she means. Not even her. Sometimes she will say some crazy word and then ask me what it was in English. The poor little thing almost gets upset with me that I don't know.
I loved the idea given in General Conference last fall about reading scriptures with little ones and having them repeat the verses with you. So, when it was Kenna's turn last night while reading our scriptures, she decided to repeat the verse back to me in "Spanish." Yes, I know you're amazed. My daughter is extremely intelligent for a 5 year old. I'm astounded at her capabilities.
Now how about my little Allie Gal? Lately this little lady is big into "that's not fair." I have no idea where this came from or how it started, but she is the Queen of making sure everything is absolutely fair. If anything is not balanced in her eyes, then it's just plain not fair. "It's not fair Kenna got 5 chocolate chips and I didn't." "It's not fair Kenna gets to go with dad and I don't." The absolute BEST "not fair" came out of her mouth the other day, and I still chuckle when I think about it. We were driving home from town and as we drove past the bowling alley, she looked out the window to see all the cars in the parking lot then said, "It's not fair all of those people get to go bowling and we don't!" Life is just full of disappointment sometimes!
Then there's my Ty guy. Cute little stinker. He finally cut his top two teeth, and now that the sharpest part is through his gums he is much happier. They still have a long way to go, but my goodness they gave us a run for our money. Now I need to gear up for when his i-teeth decide to make their debut. As I recall with my girls, those were the worst. He finally can roll from his front to his back, but it's really not his favorite thing to do. He just likes to sit. But really, do I want to get overly excited about him crawling? That calls for some major home renovation for everything up to about 2-3 feet. Where in the world did those last 8 months go? I can't believe how quickly they change from being newborns. Speaking of changing quickly, I need to do better at getting some more pictures. And make sure Allie gets just as many pictures as Ty and Kenna. Gotta keep it fair, you know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hear ya! Sam is 15 months and knows how to walk- he just never does. I still have to baby proof the floor and I am SO ready for crawling to be done with!
Brittney, if you ever write a book, consider this my request for the first signed copy. I am so glad you keep us updated on your fun little family. How did I get so lucky??
Post a Comment