Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, February 7, 2011

Well hello there February, I really didn't see you coming. I'm still stuck in January. Of 2010.

Anyhow. Much to catch up on! Where should I start?

Maybe I'll start with how much I LOVE having my new living room. Or, I could start with a story about Jacob passing out at the doctor's office. Or perhaps the myriad of silly little things my girls have been doing lately. Also can't forget our wonderful visit from Grandma Marsha, Grandpa Clark, and Uncle Karl. So many decisions. This may take a while-

Aaaaaah, THE LIVING ROOM. Is now what it should be. Fresh paint, new carpet. Death threats to anyone who even so much as thinks about spilling even a drop of water on it. Goodbye hideous pink carpet! Adios horrible dirty tile entryway! This picture is sort of okay- still doesn't quite capture it all. Still have some odds and ends left, but it is a 100% improvement.



Back up a bit to this- just after the removal of the tile in the entry. Jacob looking at it as if to say, "Hmmm. Now what?"



But who needs to worry when you have two little helpers like this?



Now how about putting the wood laminate down the hallway? Jacob should go pro, really. Talent folks, talent. I especially love the long hose to the finish nail gun in the picture. It just isn't home without dangerous, random power tools lying all over.

We are loving the wood in the hall. To be completely honest, sometimes you can't help but let the inner kid come out in you when you get a good start and then slide down the hall in your socks! Of course the first night we had it in Allie managed to slide right into a doorway and bang her head. We're slowing learning to navigate the new flooring. But really, it's Allie. We're not surprised. Her head is a danger magnet.


What do you think, Ty? Why the look of concern?


Don't worry, don't worry, you get to crawl on it too. But maybe first you should learn to roll over.

We also can't forget our casualty of the living room project- Jacob's nose. If you remember from the previous post, Jacob sliced his nose on the jagged chimney pipe thing. Well, it never healed right. Ya ya, should have just gotten stitches in the first place. Live and you learn.

So, Jacob ventured into the dermatologist office to see what could be done. All they did was numb up his nose a bit, then shave off the piece of skin that was sticking out. I think the whole thing took maybe 7 or 8 minutes. Well, apparently they sat Jacob up to give him a look at his nose and he passed right out! Cold. Flat. For a good 20 seconds, so the doc says. Not to mention it was the first day of work for the new little nurse in there. Break 'em in quick!

So there I was, starting to paint the hallway at home and had no idea what was going on. I hadn't heard from Jacob for a while to see how his appointment had been, so I decided to give him a call. The sound of his voice was pathetic. I certainly wasn't expecting to hear, "I passed out. You're gonna have to come pick me up." Oh no! I felt so bad for him. Now I have to admit, I am extremely talented, but wrestling a husband, 2 preshoolers and an infant down the stairs of the doctor's office and into the car is beyond my capabilities. So I made a quick call to the neighbor to see if she could watch the girls for a bit. (Dear neighbors, bless you. BLESS YOU!) So we get on coats and shoes, load up the baby into the car seat and head out to the van. I turn the key and.....

...the van won't start.

This is one of those moments in life where you have to pinch yourself and say, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"

Maybe I turned the key wrong. Try again. The van just makes a ridiculous noise as if to say, "I don't feel good. I think I'm going to pass out." Nice. Good thing we left the doors open almost all day the Saturday before and killed the battery.

Oh for crying out loud. Now what? My talents are quickly failing me. Well, on to the next neighbor! This time I go across the street to our other neighbor to beg for a ride into town. Bless her gracious heart, she happily obliged. I should mention this is the same neighbor who drove me to the hospital when I was going to have Kenna and Jacob was 45 minutes away. This is ALSO the neighbor who drove me to the hospital when Allie split her forehead open. Now this. They're going to move away from us, I just know it. Can you blame them, really?

So, we FINALLY made it in to pick up the sick and afflicted. Thankfully Jacob had his car in there, so my neighbor was now off the hook. When I got up to Jacob, the poor guy did not look good. Well, back up. His nose looked great. The rest of him looked like.. well, he had been hit over the head with a cinder block. I think that is about how he felt. We got him home and put him to bed where he stayed there until 9:00 at night. It really took it out of him. He was so sick. Amazing what a difference being passed out for 20 seconds can make. I am pleased to say it is now in the past and hopefully the last of our living room woes.

Knock on wood.

This post is really long. But I have more cute pictures. Read on if you will!

A few weeks ago we had family come and we loved it. For some reason I didn't manage to get pictures of the actual family, though. Way to go me. Great for memory sake, huh? Grandpa Clark and Uncle Karl had meetings in St. George, and Grandma Marsha stayed with us for a few days. I was in heaven! We had so much fun. I did manage to get some shots of the girls cooking with Grandma. She is so patient and kind with the girls, they just love her. And, many thanks to Aunt Connie, the girls donned their cooking attire and whipped up some Valentine cookies and a pan of brownies.



Thanks to family, we love having you. I think the girls concur.

Whew. That was long. My goal is to try to keep updated more often, but we'll see. It will be July before I know it!

8 comments:

M Israelsen said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG!! I can always count on reading something that will make me laugh :). You need to write a book, Brittney... You really do.

Billy said...

Poor Jacob ... he is probably totally clueless to the fact that his sweet wife writes about him on her blog. Chris was in shock when he saw himself on my blog. "Why is my butt on your blog." He is super lucky to have a lady like you. Cute story! ;)

Dustin and Connie said...

Brittney...you have the best blog ever!! I LOVE reading your posts! I so wish you guys were closer! Love the living room, glad Jacob survived, happy the van was fixed, and adore those girls in their baking attire! Love it!

Andrea Pulsipher said...

You always have something exciting going on! Love the new living room . . . we need our TV higher like yours (can't see it most of the time). Glad everything turned out alright for ya.

Loni said...

I am so glad I found out you have a blog! Your house looks AMAZING! I am glad I also got to see it in person. :) Dinner was fun the other night. Next time we will feed you guys and have it at our house!

Hayley said...

Love your new room redo Britt. It's beautiful.

And your girls are beautiful.

And so are you.

Stop breaking your vehicles.

Melissa Hernandez said...

love your new living room...sooo cute!! Good thing men don't have babies, eh...they pass out way too much, LOL,,,that totally made me giggle!!

The Olsen Family said...

What a story. I'll have to make sure to tell Shane to read it. He will get a kick out of Jacob passing out!!