Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter

Easter morning, I received a phone call from my mother informing me that the 2-month-old daughter of a cousin had passed away due to a heart defect she was born with. We were so hopeful for this sweet little baby. She had already made it through one major surgery and seemed to be progressing, but unfortunately her little body just couldn't do any more.

My heart hurt so deeply for my cousin and his wife. Losing your first little baby is something that seems almost unimaginable to me- Losing any baby, any child, anyone for that matter. I cried tears which could only understand the heartache on my own level. At the same time I was sure there was a mother and a father crying tears of a hurt that I pray I never have to understand.

Then, an amazing peace came to my mind. It was Easter morning. That sweet little baby returned home into the arms of the One who suffered just for this very reason. The far-reaching effect of the atonement and resurrection became so much greater for me this Easter. Not only can this sweet baby remain forever pure and innocent, but the heartache of her parents can be eased in knowing the Savior himself took upon the pains and sorrows of the world and through Him they will find the peace they need. They will be with her again! So simple yet so profound.

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: Not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

I hope I will always remember the peace that is available to me. That in all things, I need not fear as long as I simply let Him in. Happy Easter.

6 comments:

Hayley said...

Beautiful Brittney. Thank you for sharing.

Andrea Pulsipher said...

That's exactly how Easter felt for me this year. Thanks for putting it into words.

M Israelsen said...

Oh Brittney, you have such a way with words. thank you for sharing and teaching me again. mom

marsha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kylene said...

Thanks Britt. A beautiful post with beautiful words and a beautiful message.

Karen Ella said...

THIS is exactly how I feel about situations like these (which my fam experienced while we were in HS). It is a VERY firm testimony builder. Don't ever forge those thoughts and feelings. They'll take you through so much.