So I've thought about this a bit. This house is I guess what we call our "starter home" that has been "starting" us for the last 6 years. I've brought home 3, almost 4 of my babies home to this house. It's the only place any of my children know as home. And yes, although there are days I sigh as I look at the carpet that needs to be replaced, the paint jobs that haven't been finished, and the dilemmas of deciding where to put stuff, I really have loved this little house of ours. Perhaps it's the memories. Perhaps it's being with the people I love the most.
Whenever Jacob says this, I can't help but think of a Doug Stone song that says:
Love grows best in little houses, with fewer walls to separate,
Where you eat and sleep so close together,
You can't help but communicate,
Oh, and if we had more room between us, think of all we'd miss,
Love grows best in houses just like this.
So for now I'll just keep singing this song to remind me how much I'm gaining in this little house of ours and not what I'm missing.
At least we have a hallway where my little cherubs can entertain themselves and giggle as they scoot each other back and forth in the laundry basket:
And just in case you're wondering, in the first picture Allie is holding up her CTR ring that she lost on Sunday and it finally showed up again. She was one happy little lady!
And times like this I'm one happy Mom.
Until I trip over a toy in the middle of the night that starts blaring a song at me. Then I think, we need a bigger house.
4 comments:
i love it. my kids still ask me when can we move back to our old house. it's true, it's where you make the memories that kids want to be!
I agree with you! Shane & I need a bigger house too! But I'll be sad to leave this one with all the memories and good neighbors. Shane on the other hand would leave this one in a heart beat! He's dying for some space and more land for animals :-) Sadly it all comes down to $$$...
Oh my gosh- you could've been reading my mind as you wrote this post!! This is sooo my life!! Exact same thing the starter house that we were going to spend 5 years max in is going on 7!
You need to watch Smurfs ... a bigger house may not be your answer.
Post a Comment