Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Back Track

The first of March we were lucky enough to have Uncle Seth and Uncle Benson come down for a visit. We love having family come for a visit, and the girls were SO excited awaiting the arrival of some Uncles. Of course the girls weren't the only ones excited with anticipation, Jacob himself was definitely looking forward to a weekend with some brothers. About every 5-10 minutes on the afternoon they were coming I heard from the girls, "when will they be here?" When it was about the time that they should have pulled in, Kenna was keeping a close vigil at the window just waiting and waiting for them to come. At one point she decided she just couldn't stand the wait any longer so she stomped away from the window and said, "FINE! I just can't wait anymore! I'm leaving! They might as well just not come!" When they FINALLY arrived she was a happy little girl again.

The only concern the girls had was that they might be the victims of some tickling, so together they devised a plan. They determined that if the Uncles tried to tickle, they would counterattack with kisses. It just made me smile! They know that when they try to give kisses to their Uncles (primarily Jacob's unmarried brothers) they inevitably cause the boys to blush and almost instantly surrender. It didn't take too long into our weekend for the girls to give their Uncles a fair warning about tickling and the definite consequence that would ensue. Those two little ladies discovered their plan worked and they had the advantage- they didn't worry too much about being tickled that weekend! Smart little ladies, I must say.

It shouldn't be any surprise that Jacob had a mile-long list of projects the Uncles got to help him on. They spent the majority of their time at the farm doing all sorts of things. Friday night was a bit of a freeze-out, but fortunately Saturday warmed up a bit so they could enjoy being outside. Here is the crew getting ready to head out and to do a little of this and a whole lot of that on the farm:


I have to insert that as soon as I pulled out the camera, Seth mumbled something under his breath about becoming subjects of "the blog." Don't you worry Uncle Seth, it may have taken me a month, but you and Bensie made it on the blog! Take it as a compliment we loved having you come to visit. Just look at those dashing Israelsen boys. They get their good looks from their eldest brother (who is another one who just LOVES to see his pictures on the blog. I can't wait to hear about this one):

And of course there is Ty man who doesn't miss a chance to head down to the farm. Just another generation of good looks, I might add. Aaah, I love indulging in a good bias.

Here are the boys in front of the new cattle thing-a-ma-bobber that helps when you're trying to get cattle into the chute. Apparently it's called a tub. A tub? Wha? I'll just stick with thing-a-ma-bobber. That is NOT a tub.


Many thanks to Seth and Benson (and of course with a blessing from Jacob) the girls learned how to barrel down the stairs in their slippery sleeping bags. Here they are at the top ready to cruise on down (ya, pretty amazing posing skills they have):


First up was Allie to go shooting down:


And then Kenna close behind:


It's a good thing they have Uncles and a Dad who let them be adventurous. I'm afraid I stay safely on the conservative side and am probably a bit boring. Between their Dad and I, we hopefully maintain a good balance. Until I come home from grocery shopping this last weekend to find Allie and Jacob way up high on the roof of our bird pen. I quickly scolded Jacob and then had to look away before I threw up.

Thanks Uncles for a great weekend! Please come back! Even though between a million farm chores and 3 energetic little kiddos we wore you out. But we're worth it, right? Right.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

The sleeping bag thing used to be my FAVORITE stair activity. I still remember when I got older and it started to hurt :). Sad. Day.

Kylene said...

Oh Britt, our girls would be such good friends!! Why oh why can't we live closer?? The sleeping bag down the stairs is a favorite here. I just love reading about your little farm life! It never EVER fails to make me smile.

We need a pregnancy update please. (any chance you're coming up to Logan between now and when little Israelsen is born? I'd love to take some maternity pic's.)