Yesterday Jacob and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary! Hooray for us! It was pretty much business as usual. But I absolutely loved sitting in Sacrament Meeting watching him conduct and bear his testimony. One thing I know for sure, I am one lucky woman. One blessed woman.
Seeing as though we have 3 young ones and a new one coming rather soon, we flew low on the celebrations. We got a babysitter Saturday night to really party it up with dinner and running a few errands. On the way home I got serious and told him I had a major confession. I let him squirm for a minute then told him I was really embarrassed because I didn't even get him a gift. I didn't even get him a card to write sweet nothings in. He just threw his head back and laughed his great laugh. Basically it would have never even occurred to him that I didn't.
So as I was thinking about our weekend, I came to the conclusion that we don't need stuff all the time, something for every single occasion. The best gift sometimes is to just be together. We don't have to have anything major. In the chaos of life and the demands that try to pull us away from each other, one of my favorite "gifts" is time with him to simply sit on the couch and laugh. Granted, we both have moments of pining for another cruise together, but that is waaaaaaay down the road. For now, I am so grateful that I just simply enjoy being with my husband. My other half. My best friend. It sounds so cliche, but really, those phrases just fit perfectly.
Thank you Jacob for our 8 years. Amazing to think we really are still just getting started. But really, it just keeps getting better.
I love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awwwww :)
Awwwww :). I agree.
Post a Comment