Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Intelligence

During a visit with my dear Visiting Teachers a while ago, I was discussing with them about my two oldest ladies.  When Kenna and Allie are in public, such as school or church, they really are good little troopers and are actually quite a bit on the shy side.  When they are at home, however, they are two big balls of energy who seem to have more personality than their sweet, kind Mother knows what to do with.  The one Sister said she had read somewhere that when children exhibit this kind of behavior, it actually is a sign of intelligence that they can differentiate between times of needing self control and others when they are able to let loose a bit.

Well, yes, of course!  My children are extremely intelligent!  Please, I don't need a study in a journal to tell me that!  For example-

The other day we were in the van riding back from town, and it just so happened that the girls had switched booster seats to sit in.  They were having one of those afternoons where they just kept getting on each others nerves.  Here is the conversation in the van:

Allie:  "Kenna, I just farted in your booster."

Kenna (trying to be oh so non-chalant):  "I don't care."

-silence in the car for a few moments as Kenna is deep in thought-

Kenna:  "Oh yeah Allie?  Well that's a fart-switching booster so now it's in yours."

Yes I do believe that's intelligence right there.


4 comments:

Val said...

Bahahahaha!!! Your kids would fit right in with my 'super smart' kids! ;)

Karen Ella said...

ahahahh! I LOVE IT. That IS intelligence.

Hayley said...

I LOVE this. so much. And you could put my girls names in that whole post and it would fit.

Miss you! Get your mom my email address so I can get updates. I miss them. :(

Melissa Hernandez said...

That is hilarious!!! I love it!! I am playing blog catch up, you're kids are all getting so big! I hope you guys are doing awesome, sure miss ya!