Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Niner

This month Jacob and I celebrated our NINE year anniversary!  Way to go us!  This year I took it upon myself to plan a little (much needed) overnight getaway to celebrate on the weekend before.  We had two young women who are sisters in the ward come to stay with the kids and they did a great job.

I got a little flyer in the mail a few months ago about the upcoming shows down at the Tuacahn Theater in St. George.  They actually have some great shows, and I saw that the comedian Brian Regan was coming to town and I decided it would be perfect!

We headed down Friday night and started off the evening with a lil' dinner at the Texas Roadhouse.  We stopped to check in at the bed & breakfast I booked.  It was an old, restored pioneer house and was so fun.  Then we were off to the Tuacahn.  I LOVE going to the Tuacahn.  The backdrop of the red rock canyon is so beautiful.  The show was hilarious, we laughed so hard.  He really is a funny, funny guy and is refreshingly PG.  Even when he got off script a few times he worked it into his show and was so darn funny.  And since we didn't have kids to get to bed, we stopped in at Dairy Queen for a little ice cream after!
 
Here we are the next morning out on a little balcony attached to our room enjoying a beautiful spring day:

 

It was also the same weekend for the St. George Ironman.  Part of the race path was right along by our bed & breakfast, so we walked over to watch for a bit.  On the left side of the picture is the bikers coming down the road.  Then just around the corner they got off their bikes and started their run.  The right side of the road was for the runners starting to run up.  It was so fun to watch for a while.  Some crazy serious athletes!




It was such a fun little getaway.  I'm ready for another weekend getaway with Jacob.  Here's to nine more years!



1 comment:

The Thorne Family said...

You look so skinny in all of your pictures I just had to say something! YOU LOOK TERRIFIC!!!! Happy anniversary!