Anyhow, the day of the big race came and Me, Ty, and Lexi headed down to the school to cheer on the girls. With so many kids on the field, I couldn't find Allie's class and missed the beginning of her run. I finally spotted her, but as she was coming around from her first lap this is what I saw:
Allie is the first one wearing the purple shirt. Slowly walking, her face down in her hands. She was so upset and wouldn't tell me what was wrong. So there I was kneeling next to her on the field, little Kindygartners running past us. The whole time while trying figure out what was wrong I was trying not to be a cry baby myself! Sometimes I find myself fighting little mom tears at the most random times. Finally another mom told me that at the beginning of the run she tripped and got trampled a bit. It just ruined the whole thing for her and I could hardly get her to do anything. Allie sometimes just gets so sensitive over things and I really never know what things will send her over the edge like that. Poor little lady.
Here is Miss Kenna on her run (she's on the left in the jacket). Fortunately she didn't get trampled and her run went off without a hitch:
At least I got in one good lap with Kenna while poor little Allie sat down and kept her hands up to her face the whole time. Where is my clone when I need it?
They ended the run with a popsicle, but as you can see it still took a while for Allie to decide she was going to smile again.
I guess we can't win them all.
1 comment:
Awwwww, that makes my bottom lip stick out. :(
Post a Comment