Yep, summer is here. Yep, been over 2 months since I wrote. Oh well, moving right along....
Here's a recap of the past lil' bit. Certainly not exhaustive, but it'll do:
Ty played spring soccer and enjoyed each and every millisecond of it. He would beg, all day every day, for someone to come out and play soccer with him. We had a bit of a problem during games, however, when it was his turn to sit out a quarter and let the other teammates play. He was less than happy about it and even had to spend the very last quarter of his very last game in the car because of his less-than-happy outburst. Still, this is such a fun age to watch these cute little boys play. They were so darn fun to watch.
The girls ran in the Mountainside Mile at school. They both did awesome! It was so fun to watch. I, of course, cried. Yes, really I CRIED. Thankfully it was sunny and I had my sunglasses on. When it comes to a first for my kids, it just gets me and I.......cry. Annoying, I know. I try so hard to avoid it, too. Drives me nutzo. Anyhow, Allie came in 13th with the 2nd grade girls, and Kenna came in 2nd with the 3rd grade girls. Kenna really has a knack for running so hope she will give it a whirl. We need to gear up for the Wellsville Mile next year. I think I already want to puke. I'm sure I'll cry.
Allie has really gained a love of horses. She hops up on our horse Denny and rides like a champ. She has me beat, hands down! I'm amazed at how comfortable she feels on a horse. It didn't come from me! I of course spend the majority of the time as a ball of nerves when she rides, so thankfully she has her good papa to help her with all the equine stuff.
Speaking of horses, Jacob got a new hoss. He's very large. He likes to buck. I keep a healthy distance. But my goodness that is one handsome man. Jim Craig, is that you? One of my very favorite things is to see Jacob on a horse. And then to watch him take off and run on a horse? Ooooooh he looks mighty fine!
This is the kind of horse ride I don't mind one bit. Giddyup!
Kenna had a science fair at school. She picked the project that required growing plants. I have a black thumb. Needless to say it didn't turn out fantastic, but she at least had a project to take. Here she is sporting all her Harry Potter attire. The end of the school year they spent reading the first Harry Potter book and doing a lot of fun activities surrounding the book. My mom sewed her a wizard robe:
Allie's class did a little opera at school. She was a deer. I would like to announce that Jacob can no longer say I NEVER sew. I pulled out the ol' sewing machine to sew part of Allie's costume. Because if you're going to be a deer, you MUST have a little white patch on your behind, right? Right. Just don't look too close. Any deer would be horrified of my handiwork.
Speaking of talent, here is another great one. It happened while I was making bread a few weeks ago. I started mixing the dough but for some reason could not figure out why it just didn't seem right. I went through all the ingredients in my head and was certain I had put everything in, so that wasn't the problem. Finally it dawned on me. Check this out:
I was starting to mix my bread with the whisk-type attachment. Hello?! Fortunately I didn't break the wires. Unfortunately I had to dig a LOT of dough out of those suckers. Ha!
Lexi turned 3! Yay! The request was a pink cake. Well there you have it, my lady. Can't believe my baby is THREE! She likes to let us all know her place in the family, that's for sure. It is so fun to watch her little personality grow and change every day. She really isn't my baby anymore!
Ty man graduated preschool! He had started at a wonderful preschool down in Enoch last fall. It was the same preschool Kenna and Allie went to, and I was so sad he wouldn't get to finish. When we first moved up here to the Valley, I had a hard time finding a local preschool to send him too. Seeing as though he has a late birthday, I was worried this would really put him behind in starting Kindergarten. When we moved to Wellsville, I found a preschool just down the street that had an opening. I considered it a huge blessing. He LOVED preschool and I was so grateful he could continue on to prepare for Kindergarten. Congrats Ty!
This year was a BIG year for the Richmond Black and White Days. (Once again, due to my agriculture-deprived childhood, I didn't know such a thing existed). Papa Clark was recognized for his many years of service and hard work for B&W and it was so fun as a large majority of the Israelsen clan was able to make it up to Richmond to see him receive his award. My phone didn't get in the mix for the big family picture, but these two look great! I'm sure blessed to have married so well. Thanks for putting up with me! Such an honor to carry the Israelsen name.
Lately there seems to have been an abundance of roly poly bugs. I was so pleased to hear my sis-in-law Andrea say she called them potato bugs. Yes Ann, they ARE potato bugs to me too! Lexi especially has loved collecting the poor little critters. I didn't think I'd ever hear myself saying, "No roly polies in the house! They MUST stay outside."
Thank heavens for uncles. Especially when they give Ty a phone to play with. Uncle Dan, you're a good man! This little situation here has happened more than once. Ty loves his uncles! And don't you even think for a minute that anyone is tougher than Uncle Dan. And don't you even think for a minute that anyone is more relentless at getting his uncles to go outside and play with him when we are visiting Grandma and Grandpa's house than Ty is.
Summer is in full swing! We're trying to make the best of it. So far so good. We've had a few trips to the library, been to some parks, and had plenty of nagging from Mom. Clean your room! Shut the door when you go out! Fold your clothes! Be kind! SHUT THE DOOR! Yep, it's summer alright.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















1 comment:
I don't know how you do it all! FOUR kids!! Love all the pics - and you have some mad sewing skills! I don't even think I would attempt a deer costume! Way to go!
Post a Comment