I'm just going to pretend like there has been no lapse whatsoever and move right along as though I just posted a blog last week.......thanks for indulging me.
So tell me what doesn't fit in this picture:
Let's see. We have brown carpet, brown chair, brown table, brown wall, brown couch, brown cabinets. Shoot, maybe I should add some more color to my room decor. Oh wait a minute, maybe it's the BROWN GOATS that don't quite fit! I won't tell you what I had to clean up off my brown carpet shortly after I took this picture. Sheesh. Cute? Yes. Absolutely adorable. I just don't think I can handle all the anxiety that comes when mama goats are kidding. And then to try and remember all the names my human kids give them? Impossible. I love the looks on their faces when I refer to the goats with the wrong name or simply forget their names altogether. In the back of my mind there's Chilly, Jellybean, Jazz, Spider, Junior....
Goat people are weird.
At least this little lady doesn't seem to be experiencing any anxiety:
Yes, that is a goat enclosure. In my kitchen.
The goats certainly cannot take center stage when there is another lovable furry creature in the house.
Behold......Skittles. We jokingly call it Caitlin Jenner because originally we thought this here Guinea Pig was a girl. Weeeeellllll as this youngster has matured, some of the anatomy has become a bit more pronounced. So now we know Skittles is in fact a male (despite being wrapped in pink). Kenna had a bit of a rough afternoon upon our initial gender discovery, but now she has warmed up to the idea of Skits being a boy. She quite loves the little critter and is doing a great job taking responsibility for him.
Isn't there a universal parental phrase out there that goes something like, "Don't complain about it or I'll give you something to really complain about?" Well, maybe that's how it is with weather. Maybe I shouldn't complain about the cold or snow because then I might be smitten with something that will really give me something to cry about. Sigh. No thanks. So in honor of being optimistic, here is Ty with the winter equivalent of turning lemons into lemonade:
Who says you can't ride your bike in the winter wearing your boots and snow pants? After all, he has a good 10 feet of clear sidewalk there! 10 feet is better than no feet, right?! Lemonade my friends, lemonade.
As for the girls? Well, we'll just stay inside and frost cupcakes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
YAY YAY YAY for Brittney's blog being revived!!! I LOVE the way you write things - love all the pics. And seriously you get two gold stars on your forehead for letting live critters inside your house...
Post a Comment