I LOVE Conference weekend!
We didn't get by completely unscathed without a complaint or two about how boooooooooring Conference is, but we tried to keep the kids engaged and hopefully they gained an insight or two. The goal was for ALL of us to gain an insight or two. Conference with kids isn't exactly uninterrupted, so I can't say I heard every single talk from beginning to end. All things considered we did a pretty good job.
Here the crew is working on Conference packets. The kids actually really look forward to having their own little packets to work on and ask for them every Conference. Of course I was super duper prepared and had them printed out and waiting at least a week before. Mmm hmm. Yep. Well, maybe a few days before. Fine, I hurried and printed them out right before Conference started.
Here's our wall to keep track of the speakers and help the kids recognize the apostles. The kids did pretty good at keeping it updated with the speakers.
I still remember when I was young and having the exact same sentiments about Conference as my kids. A lot of times (most of the time) it was boring and way over my head. We'll just keep on persevering and hopefully someday they will come to appreciate all that Conference has to offer. At least Jacob and I have come around, so there's got to be hope. (wink)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment