Wednesday, December 28, 2016
Happy Birthday Kenna!
For Kenna's birthday this year, she decided she really really really REALLY really wanted to go on a little trip to the mall with her friends. This was the talk of the town for about two weeks, and the anticipation was HUGE, but the big day finally arrived! Three of her besties walked home from school with her on the Friday after her birthday, then me and the tweens loaded up and headed to the mall. Those silly little girls would have stayed there the entire night if I let them! They wandered in and out of a few different stores, got their pictures taken in the photo booth, ate a pretzel, and just loved being out with each other.
Afterwards, we grabbed some Little Caesar's pizza then headed back to our house to eat before we took the ladies home. Overall I think it was a success and ended up being just what Kenna was hoping for.
I can't believe my first little lady is ELEVEN. Eleven! One more year of Primary, then we are on to Young Women's and then.....oh my she'll be graduated before I know it. She is turning into a beautiful young lady and I am so proud of her. We probably have some great hormonal teenage adventures ahead of us, but for now I am so grateful she has found a cute little group of friends who are good girls. And I guess that even though she would rather spend time at the mall than play with dolls (that ship has sailed), at least she is more than happy that I bum around with her! Maybe she'll feel the same when she is 17........???? I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment