Friday, October 26, 2007
Multitasking
It is sure funny what we think about mom's before we are one. For example, don't we think we will NEVER let our children run around in a diaper, especially outside where they can actually be seen? Or do we think we will ever be standing in the middle of the street talking to the dogcatcher in our pajama pants, holding a baby in one arm, and holding the hand of your diaper-only child with scraggly just-woke-up-hair in the other? Probably not! But did we ever think life would be so gosh darn entertaining? How could we ever know! Yep, that was the adventure this morning. I'm sure I looked like I belonged on an episode of the Beverly Hillbillies. Then to make it even better, I had to chase the pumpkin. Let me explain. Jacob brought me home a pumpkin a few nights ago and I was sick of Kenna rolling it all over the kitchen floor, so I stuck it outside on the front porch. Well, while engaged in conversation with the dogcatcher (who was getting rid of the neighbors pack of wild animals) Kenna managed to push the pumpkin off the front porch. As she stood there in her diaper proudly watching, it rolled right down the cement stairs off the porch, then right on down the cement stairs of the walkway coming up to my porch, hopped the curb, and proceeded to roll down the street. So off I went, baby in one arm, chasing the pumpkin. Who knew pumpkins were so athletic? I am proud to say I caught the pumpkin, and placed it back in it's humble abode on the front porch- all the while carrying the baby and talking on the phone. Now THAT is multitasking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You crack me up! Even though you don't have pics on your blog, I still look forward to whatever rant I'm gonna get! Miss you and call me so I can help you get your pics fixed!
Yeahhh I am so glad your blog is back up and running. I can totally see you running down the street after a pumpkin, you crack me up! Where are the pict's of the babes?
I laughed my way through this entire post. I think it could be a scene in a movie. Miss you much.
I swear, I can totally picture this scene--no illustrations necessary! I may be confusing it with some of my crazier moments . . .
Sorry I didn't call you back this weekend. My mom and I were at Heather's house for the weekend. I will call you on Thursday!
What exceptionally writing, Britney. It is easy to visualize the pumpkin rolling down the hill with little Kenna cheering it on. Enjoy each moment as it comes. Little children grow up far too quickly. Keep Smiling
Post a Comment