Not much new is going on around here this week. I do have to say my husband was so wonderful yesterday! He was just a little Mr. Mom. As he reads this over my shoulder he is laughing saying, "Honey, erase that. It's not the image cowboys want!" Ha! How funny is he? What a greay guy. He'll just LOVE to know I wrote all that.
Well, Allie has had a rough few days. For anyone who doesn't know, my little Allie has a milk protein allergy. She pretty much screamed for the first 6 1/2 weeks of her life until we got her on a really specialized formula that has the protein completely broken down into amino acids. The past few weeks I thought she was starting to do a little better with sleeping and such, but the past few days she seems to have taken a few steps back. I'm not sure if some of the formula still had some chunks of protein in it that got through and bothered her little system or what. Poor little thing. It is sure frustrating at times, especially when she is so inconsistent. Somedays I feel like I spend the majority of my time in the rocking chair with her. The hardest part is that the mom in me still feels like there is more that needs to be done, I just can't find the right doctor to help me out with it. I am actually hoping to get her in to a homeopathic doctor this week. I'll keep you updated. I sure love the little cuss, though.
Last night Kenna was "trying" to go to sleep and I could hear her back in her bedroom just talking to herself. I started laughing in the hallway and then she started laughing back at me, it was so fun. So of course I had to go in and see her. She said, "snuggle mommy?" So I jumped in bed with her and we snuggled for a bit. It was a great little relief after Allie's crying session. I am quite sure I have many things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. Even if one of my blessings has a great set of lungs.
Well, Allie has had a rough few days. For anyone who doesn't know, my little Allie has a milk protein allergy. She pretty much screamed for the first 6 1/2 weeks of her life until we got her on a really specialized formula that has the protein completely broken down into amino acids. The past few weeks I thought she was starting to do a little better with sleeping and such, but the past few days she seems to have taken a few steps back. I'm not sure if some of the formula still had some chunks of protein in it that got through and bothered her little system or what. Poor little thing. It is sure frustrating at times, especially when she is so inconsistent. Somedays I feel like I spend the majority of my time in the rocking chair with her. The hardest part is that the mom in me still feels like there is more that needs to be done, I just can't find the right doctor to help me out with it. I am actually hoping to get her in to a homeopathic doctor this week. I'll keep you updated. I sure love the little cuss, though.
Last night Kenna was "trying" to go to sleep and I could hear her back in her bedroom just talking to herself. I started laughing in the hallway and then she started laughing back at me, it was so fun. So of course I had to go in and see her. She said, "snuggle mommy?" So I jumped in bed with her and we snuggled for a bit. It was a great little relief after Allie's crying session. I am quite sure I have many things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. Even if one of my blessings has a great set of lungs.
4 comments:
Thank goodness for those good moments, because they make the bad ones bearable! I sure hope Allie feels better soon. I wish I lived closer so she could scream at my house and you could get a small break!
Hang in there! I remember when Isa was a newborn and she screamed for the first month because we didn't know she had acid reflux. I know it breaks your heart when you feel like there's nothing you can do. You're an awesome mom, the doc's will figure out what helps her tummy! Trial and error, and patience is the hardest part!
I just love your reading your blog! It makes me want to run into my kids' rooms, wake them up, and give them each one last snuggle! I think I will...
You have the cutest kids!
-Julia Israelsen
Post a Comment