Allie slept the whole night last night! YEAH! I woke up at 5:30 to go check on her, and she kept sleeping until a little after 7. I could have done cartwheels! I should actually try one to see if my body is even capable anymore. Another great sleep achievement in our house is that Kenna is now sleeping in her big girl bed. A few months ago we tried to get her to sleep in it, but the attempt was unsuccessful. Sunday night we decided to give it another shot. We put on her new princess sheets and kept telling her what a lucky girl she was to get to sleep in her big girl bed. Jacob took her in and gave her a big pep talk and she fell asleep with no tears! Way to go Daddy! The next day we moved all her toys and books into her room and she just thought it was great. I am loving that my front room is staying a lot cleaner!
So the first time I ever saw The Man From Snowy River was on my 3rd date with Jacob. I was way too involved in sitting next to Jacob and that our legs were touching to even remember the storyline. Now I think I can probably quote a good chunk of the movie. Thanks to daddy, Kenna has discovered this beloved classic. For the past few days we have to watch the last 20 or so minutes of the movie where they are on the big horse chase. She just stands there mesmerized. I never thought I would have to moderate the time a 2-year-old spends watching The Man From Snowy River. She says, "watch horses?" This morning we were watching and when one of the riders fell off the horse she got a concerned look on her face and said, "Oh no! Bucked off! Goodness sakes, cowboy." Sometimes I just have to laugh at the phrases she comes up with. She is all cowgirl-- definitely Jacob's daughter! Jacob said we should get her a whip for Christmas. The crazy thing is I think she would love it. Saddle up cowgirl!
So the first time I ever saw The Man From Snowy River was on my 3rd date with Jacob. I was way too involved in sitting next to Jacob and that our legs were touching to even remember the storyline. Now I think I can probably quote a good chunk of the movie. Thanks to daddy, Kenna has discovered this beloved classic. For the past few days we have to watch the last 20 or so minutes of the movie where they are on the big horse chase. She just stands there mesmerized. I never thought I would have to moderate the time a 2-year-old spends watching The Man From Snowy River. She says, "watch horses?" This morning we were watching and when one of the riders fell off the horse she got a concerned look on her face and said, "Oh no! Bucked off! Goodness sakes, cowboy." Sometimes I just have to laugh at the phrases she comes up with. She is all cowgirl-- definitely Jacob's daughter! Jacob said we should get her a whip for Christmas. The crazy thing is I think she would love it. Saddle up cowgirl!
1 comment:
I have to say, I am loving you blogging! I feel like I know your kids so much more now! Kenna is a crack-up and reminds me of us when we were younger, she just need's a white haired couterpart (ady) and they could sell rocks to the best of em! Congrats on Allie sleeping through the night! I think about all you are going through often! Love you
Post a Comment