Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Prayer for Mom

Tomorrow my Mom goes in for a major surgery to get a biopsy of some questionable tissue in her lungs. The first biopsy was inconclusive, so now they have to dig in deeper and get a better sample to find out if it's entirely inflammatory tissue or if her lymphoma has returned. Her type of cancer is not curable so we knew it would be something we'd probably encounter again. She'll be in the ICU for a few days for recovery.

The thing about my Mom is she is one of the most positive, optimistic people I know. Even her nurse this evening commented on how nice it was to have an upbeat, positive patient. Kudos to my Mom that despite her many bumps in the road with her health, she is always marching along with a great attitude. As she constantly reminds us, everything is in the Lord's hands- and that is all that really matters.

So, my dear Mom, I send a special prayer out for you that all will go well tomorrow and throughout your recovery this week. I pray the doctor will be guided and use his expertise for your very best care, and the nurses who watch over you will feel what a special, amazing person you are, and that there are many out there who love you so very much.

Love you!

4 comments:

Mel said...

Oh, Brit - good luck to your mom. My prayers will be with you and your family!

Hayley said...

She really has been so upbeat every time I've seen her. She amazes me! We fasted for her today and will be thinking of you all this week. Sure love you Brittney, and your whole family!

Dustin and Connie said...

Oh I hope everything goes well! You have such incredible parents!

Val. said...

I'll be praying for your mommy, cousin. She sounds like an amazing woman.