Seeing as though we have a few farm animals, my girls have been able to experience some pretty cool things. For instance, they've seen a lot of what's associated when a new animal is born. In the past year we welcomed some new calves and some new baby goats. I have to admit, I am such a softy when it comes to baby animals and thoroughly amazed at the process. Well, let's just say that although there are some great similarities when it comes to gestation and delivery between humans and animals, not ALL things are the same.
Thank goodness. Oh my oh my thank goodness.
I need to give my little ladies more credit for being much more perceptive than I realize. Every once in a while they'll pop off with a question that reminds me they are taking in and learning so much.
So couple this with the fact that we will be welcoming a new baby into the family, it of course has raised all sorts of questions with the girls. Allie, in particular, is full of questions. Blunt, very direct questions. But at the same time, so very innocent and full of wonder. So I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when the other day we were standing in the kitchen, and out of nowhere she looked up at me and asked, "Mom, when the baby is born will you lick off the sack?"
-My first thought: (as I cringed inside) Ew.
-My second thought: Heck no.
-My third thought: What in the world.....?
-My fourth thought: Well, it just makes sense. That's what my observant little 4 year old sees the animals do.
-My answer: "Nope, sweetheart. Just the animals do that."
She was perfectly satisfied.
So today I am grateful I am not a goat. Or a cow. I will be perfectly content delivering my baby in the hospital. Not in the dirt. And there are some excellent trained professionals who get to take care of all the other......stuff.
Now we'll just wait to see what else my little Allie will think of.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hahaha...this is too funny! They really are observant little girls!
Love it!
Are kids are farm kids too, We have had some of those great questions too. Ahh. Congrats on #4 four is a great number.
Post a Comment