The 3 months of summer are behind us and we are off and running into a new school year. Still not quite sure where the summer went, and I'm still not sure I believe it's September. Whether I like it or not, here we go!
Miss Kenna D is leading the pack and going into 4th grade. Kenna is kind of a big ball of sweet and sassy. She has such a tender heart yet at the same time can throw down some major attitude. Leaves me throwing my hands up in the air frequently.
I won't complain too loud, however, because she still wanted me to take her to school the first day and let me take a picture! I love that she will still hold my hand, too.
Close behind in 3rd grade is Miss Allie Gal. Allie still stays pretty clammed up in public, but deep at her core is a sweet little lady who has plenty of spunk.
She too still loves having mom close and I got to take a pic at her class too:
Love that these two have each other:
A week behind the girls in starting school is Mr. Ty who is now an official Kindergartner!! He was beyond excited for his new adventure. It wasn't until the night before his first day I finally found out what time the bus would come pick him up for school in the afternoon. I was doing fine until I found out that he loads the bus an hour before school starts and is on the bus almost another hour after school. This one brought me a little lump in my throat, I'm not going to lie. I wasn't anticipating him being gone that long! Suddenly all those crazy mom thoughts start to pop up:
-Will he be ok on the bus that long?
-He's going to be so hungry!
-Will he be nice in class?
-What if he poops his pants?
-Am I ready for this?
Unlike his sisters, this dude was determined to ride the bus the first day. He had no need for mom dropping him off at Kindergarten! I admit, it was probably best. I would have just fought tears all the way through the school.
The morning before he got on the bus the first day was just agony for Ty. He popped right out bed, got dressed in his new school clothes and shoes, got on his backpack and was ready to go! I'm pretty sure every five minutes he was asking if it was time to go yet. It was a looooooong morning for him! Finally the time came and we headed out to meet the bus. Seeing his excitement made it a lot easier, but after he drove off I had to have my moment. Still can't believe he's already going to school, but it's so fun to watch him learn and grow.
Goodbye little buddy!
Off he goes!
Here he is waiting for the bus with our darling little neighbor girl, Allee. She's in his class. She's also a good 7 months older.
However, I won't lie. Having Ty and Lexi separated for a while is a very good thing. Very good. Those two are quite the pair and I can't keep my eyes on them enough. For instance, they disappeared last Saturday and discovered mud (again):
After incidents like this, it is a bit of a breath of fresh air to have a change in schedule.
Now Lexi and I will get used to being little buddies and keeping the fort down while the kiddos are off on their learning adventures! Have no worries for poor little me, I will still have plenty of adventure with this little monkey:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
These pictures are so cute - especially they mud one! I cannot believe how big they are all getting! I still remember the exact spot I was standing when I got the picture text from Jacob when Kenna was born...I can't believe how fast time has gone!
Post a Comment